Junior Platform Architect - Virtual
Company: Cushman & Wakefield Inc
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Junior Platform Architect - Virtual
Job Description Summary
The role of Junior Platform Architect assists with technical
planning, architecture and standard specifications for cloud and
on-premises infrastructure. Including compute, storage,
virtualization, and backup environments. Assists with developing
specifications for new products and service offerings. Assesses the
compatibility and integration of products/services proposed as
standards to ensure an integrated architecture across
interdependent technologies and has direct influence on the overall
technology domain strategy. Makes decisions on moderately complex
to complex issues regarding technical approach for project
components. The qualified candidate should be experienced in
managing multiple priorities within a fast-paced environment. This
individual will have a diversified background of technical
infrastructure and cloud services experience.
- Stakeholder in Global Envisioning, Architecture Design and
Proof of Concept sessions for all new application and development
- Develop solutions architecture and evaluate architectural
alternatives for Private, Public, and Hybrid cloud models,
including SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, Containerization, and other Cloud
- Owner of Operational Centers of Excellence (COE) for Cloud
Platform, Datacenter and Branch Office infrastructure
- Assist in Business Case development in refactoring or
re-platforming approach to move legacy workloads to Microsoft
- Assist in maintaining a library of documentation, including
technology designs, build and patching based on current cloud,
compute, storage, virtualization, and backup standards.
- Attend regular product design and operational governance
sessions. Directly influence roadmaps for future
- Partner with regional teams to enhance standard platform
competence and adoption, by assisting the teams with planning and
delivering solutions, answering technical and procedural questions
for less experienced team members.
- Able to technically lead major projects, making decisions,
liaising with both project management and business line
- Assist global project teams with execution, ensuring current
standards and documentation are maintained.
- Follow ITIL and Service Management Processes such as Incident,
Problem and Change management processes.
- Bachelor's degree or any similar combination of education and
- 5+ years of experience in managing Microsoft Azure Cloud
- 5+ years of experience in managing VMWare and Microsoft
Virtualization Platforms, plus Windows Servers
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure Cloud architecture and
implementation techniques (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization,
orchestration, automation, and elastic scalability)
- Knowledge in Azure AD, Azure Pipelines, PowerShell, ARM
Template development, Azure Blueprints, Terraform, Ansible or
- Knowledge in VMware, ESXi, vCenter, vSwitches and Distributed
- Experience building and managing MS Windows Servers, VMware
Templates and Customization Profiles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with SD-WAN (SilverPeak), Load Balancing (F5) and
managing firewall infrastructure, particularly Palo Alto.
- Experience deploying network monitoring tools and fine-tuning
alerting and reporting. Hands on experience with SolarWinds is
- Experience working in large enterprise environments.
- Experience with task automation and Windows scripting, such as
- Experience with backup solutions, such as CommVault
- Knowledge of Cisco Unified Computing Systems
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity.
Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman &
Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran
status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or
Keywords: Cushman & Wakefield Inc, St. Louis , Junior Platform Architect - Virtual, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!