Driver/Medical Imaging Assistant
Company: Shared Medical Services
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Class A CDL Driver | Full-Time
St. Louis, MO 63044
For 40 years, Shared Medical Services has been building on our
strong foundation with our team of over 350 industry professionals
who are deeply committed to our customers. We have achieved this
long-lasting success through our commitment to state-of-the-art
equipment, delivering unmatched customer service, and our
experienced and professional team. We call this the SMS
As an employee-owned company, Shared Medical Services continues
to be a well-respected, trusted, and proven provider of specialized
medical imaging solutions.
We are seeking a professional and reliable Class A CDL Driver to
make the SMS Difference. NO EXPERIENCE IN THE MEDICAL FIELD IS
NECESSARY! Our Drivers relocate 53' spread axle trailers (our
mobile imaging equipment) to multiple medical facilities along a
dedicated mobile route.
- 4 to 5 days per week
- 8-to-14-hour days
- Potential of 2 to 3 overnights per week
- Overtime paid after 40 hours
- Schedules subject to change
- Safely relocate the trailer/mobile equipment to medical
facilities along a dedicated route in accordance with DOT rules and
- At each location, you will conduct set-up and tear down of the
- You will assist in the patient-care capacity by escorting
patients from the medical facility to the mobile unit, while
ensuring excellent patient care, comfort, safety and
confidentiality (we will train you!)
- Some administrative tasks required, including time/activity
reports, billing, drivers logs, and any applicable maintenance,
mileage or inspection forms
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plans: 401K and Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Flexible Spending (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Life and AD&D Insurances
- Short and Long-term Disability Coverage
- You will be paid per hour based on experience
- Paid lodging and per diems for any overnight stays
- Class A CDL with a safe driving record
- Ability to pass a physical, urine drug screen & background
- Minimum of 21 years of age
If you enjoy driving and helping people, apply today!
CLEAN COMMITMENT: Shared Medical Services has standard practices
for a clean mobile environment and infection control policies and
procedures for all patients. EVERY PATIENT. EVERY DAY.
SHARED MEDICAL SERVICES
209 Limestone Pass
Cottage Grove, WI 53527
An Employee Owned Company
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
GENERAL SCOPE OF WORK: Under the general direction of the
Regional Operations Manager, with the clinical supervision of the
Radiologist at each site on the mobile route, transports mobile
medical imaging equipment to customer sites along the mobile route
and maintains equipment according to specifications. Assists in the
completion of examinations on patients of all ages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Relocates mobile medical imaging equipment to various sites
along the mobile route in accordance with applicable DOT rules and
regulations and SMS standard operating procedures.
- At each location, sets up and tears down equipment, in
accordance with SMS and/or manufacturers guidelines.
- Completes necessary administrative tasks (i.e. time/activity
reports, billing, drivers logs, and any applicable maintenance,
mileage or inspection forms).
- Follows preventative maintenance guidelines and ensures proper
maintenance of all equipment. Works with vendors and members of SMS
staff, as appropriate, to troubleshoot and resolve mechanical
- Assists Technologist with completion of Patient Screening
- Under the guidance and approval of the Technologist on duty,
positions patients on the scanner surface in order to facilitate
the performance of the examination.
- Transports patients to and from the mobile coach. Maintains
patient care, comfort and safety during transport to and from the
- Provides images to the facility in the desired site
- Maintains a clean environment inside and outside of the mobile
coach and tractor.
- Follows quality assurance guidelines and maintains patient
- Cooperates with facility healthcare personnel and complies with
facility policies and procedures.
- Complies with all safety policies and regulations, including
DOT and radiation safety as applicable.
- Trains new Team Members as required and/or as assigned by the
supervisor and/or SMS management.
- Performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Drivers License with
good driving record.
- Must pass DOT physical and Drug/Alcohol Screening.
- Minimum of one year of tractor/trailer experience preferred or
must have graduated from an acceptable truck driving training
- Must be able to understand and comply with the applicable DOT
rules and regulations.
- Must be able to safely transport patients with or without
- Able to demonstrate competency in all applicable areas.
- Capable of a flexible work schedule, with possibility of 10+
hour days, may include overnight, weekend and holiday shifts.
- Must be able to interact with customer personnel and SMS Team
Members in a responsible, professional and ethical manner.
- Must be able to function effectively in a team-oriented
- Must be flexible, reliable and demonstrate sound judgment and
- Responsible for the following and adhering to TJC/SMS Quality
Standards which includes, but is not limited to: CPR,
immunizations, training (SMS and Site Specific), Infection Control,
and Invasive Procedures (if applicable).
- Work is primarily performed in mobile unit with frequent trips
outside to transport patients during all seasons and for set
up/tear down of mobile unit.
- Exposure to inclement weather from transporting patients to and
from facility to mobile unit.
- Mobile unit has artificial lighting, with some daylight from
windows or doors.
- May have exposure to radiation or magnetic field in scan
- Possible exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues from
working with patients and in patient care areas.
- Sits, stands, and walks intermittently throughout the day.
- Climbs stairs to enter mobile unit and tractor.
- Squats or kneels and lifts objects from ground
- Full extension of arms above head and in front of body.
- Frequently lifts weight of up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally lifts weight of up to 75 pounds.
- Occasionally carries objects weighing up to 55 pounds.
- Occasionally push/pull objects with force of up to 72
- May transfer patients weighing up to 550 pounds with a variety
of assistance from other staff or equipment.
- Must possess good balance.
Keywords: Shared Medical Services, St. Louis , Driver/Medical Imaging Assistant, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!