Company: Stifel Nicolaus
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 13, 2021
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the development of the Institute's application
architectural strategy in alignment with business goals.
- Analyze the current IT ecosystem application architecture to
identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for
- Develop migration strategies to close gaps between current and
future states of the application architectures.
- Identify system requirements for large, complex ecosystem-wide
- Review requirements across multiple applications and develop
application models that span applications and domains.
- Develop methods to integrate systems that interact and extend
across organizational and functional lines.
- May oversee or lead the evaluation and selection process for
- Develop and maintain IT ecosystem application architecture
models, processes, standards and documentation.
- Research, recommend and apply the use of middleware to
facilitate the portability and scalability of applications.
- Work on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge
of one or more specialized architecture areas such as network,
security, applications, data, systems and Internet and business
- Support the development of software and data delivery platforms
with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into
different methods for different business.
- Analyze the current architecture to identify weaknesses and
develop opportunities for improvements.
- Perform ongoing architecture quality review activities relative
to specific project/programs they are responsible for.
- Research and evaluate emerging technology, industry and market
trends to assist in project development and/or operational support
- Research reported problems, plans solutions, and coordinates
problem solving processes.
- Deliver presentations and proposals to vendors and
- Ability to work with multiple approaches to solving a problem
and choosing the most appropriate solution. Ability to demonstrate
proactive approach to problem resolution, strong troubleshooting,
and problem solving skills.
- Knowledgeable with a host of computer programming languages,
operating systems, and computer hardware platforms. Knowledge of
industry standard IT best practices, including disaster recovery
and high availability concepts.
- Ability to multi-task to address multiple and often conflicting
priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of compliance functions within a financial
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify complex
problems; review related information and develop options and
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science
or Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years' of experience maintaining day to day business and
supporting IT requirements and development
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation's leading
full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel
serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States
and ranks as the nation's seventh largest full-service investment
firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a
leading provider of investment banking services to the middle
market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of
the industry's largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel
Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive
benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k,
wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very
important to us. We continue to monitor the current public health
situation and have adjusted our hiring procedures to include
virtual recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new
candidates. We look forward to "virtually" meeting you.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Stifel Nicolaus, St. Louis , Application Architect, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!