Retirement plans Senior Specialist
Company: Stifel Nicolaus
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 13, 2021
The Senior Retirement Plan Specialist serves as a resource to
Financial Advisors (FAs) and their clients regarding overall
business retirement plan issues. This may include plan type and
design reviews, product analysis, vendor selection, proposal
generation and presentation, and regulatory updates, in an effort
to increase plan sales. The Senior Specialist position requires
extensive contact with internal and external stakeholders to
provide retirement plan consultative services and to help drive the
retirement plan business. Projects are of broad scope and
complexity. Handle/assist with complex problems referred from
Specialist and Specialist II.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert on ERISA and employer
sponsored retirement plans for FAs, their clients and the Firm
- Mentor and train department Retirement Plan Marketing
- Effectively manages multiple facets of the sales process
including meeting coordination, RFP responses, product comparisons,
proposals, follow-up items/activities, etc.
- Engage in business development activities with FAs to promote
the benefits of retirement plan business, help develop strategic
prospecting plans and prepare FAs for effective plan sponsor
engagement for life of the plan
- Initiates ideas to enhance the operation and productivity of
the Retirement Plan Services Dept.
- Answer incoming FA phone calls and respond promptly and
correctly to their inquiries regarding technical questions or
- Drive/lead the creation of business development ideas and
- Stay abreast of industry trends and regulations that impact
ERISA and identifies new business opportunities
- Assist with vendor due diligence process.
- Build and deliver training to new and seasoned FAs.
- High level of knowledge of qualified plans, ERISA regulations
and plan administration.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and
selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and
tactics, product demonstration and sales techniques
- Experience in developing, designing, or creating new
applications, ideas, or tactics to promote products, services and
- Minimum Required: Bachelor's degree in related field
- Minimum Required: 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Minimum Required: Series 7, ASPPA or other ERISA-related
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation's leading
full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel
serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States
and ranks as the nation's seventh largest full-service investment
firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a
leading provider of investment banking services to the middle
market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of
the industry's largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel
Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive
benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k,
wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very
important to us. We continue to monitor the current public health
situation and have adjusted our hiring procedures to include
virtual recruiting tools that allow us to continue meeting new
candidates. We look forward to "virtually" meeting you.
Keywords: Stifel Nicolaus, St. Louis , Retirement plans Senior Specialist, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!