Transplant Quality and Safety Specialist
Company: Dean Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 13, 2021
- Works with departments to mitigate the immediate risks to
patients as a result of human or systems errors through various
cause analysis approaches. Also provides proactive support through
the tracking, trending and identification of systems opportunities
that lead to patient harm, in addition to leading efforts for
systems improvement to prevent such harms.
- Proactively collects and reports data and opportunities for
patient safety, quality, and regulatory initiatives as needed.
Oversees the event reporting process and ensures timely
investigative follow up of all responsible managers, analyzes
trends/patterns in the event reporting data and reports findings to
leaders as well as various teams and committees as deemed necessary
by the organization. Works with departments to assist with changes
in processes, policies, and workflows based on cause analysis
findings. Monitors progress of changes at regular intervals to
ensure effectiveness and sustainment of interventions.
- Serves as a resource in conjunction with management regarding
applicable Joint Commission standards as they relate to patient
safety and requirements and other compliance regulations.
Facilitates the development of strategies to remain compliant with
all regulatory requirements and assists with developing and
revising policies and procedures as needed.
- Rounds routinely in all clinical care departments to assess and
address quality, risk reduction and patient safety
activities/concerns. Follows up with department managers and
leadership regarding patient safety concerns as noted during
- Participates/leads entity, regional and system quality and
patient safety and committees, teams, workgroups and huddles.
Serves as a quality and patient safety consultant to various other
committees, teams and workgroups to ensure integration of quality
and patient safety work across the continuum of care.
- Facilitates and supports implementation of patient safety and
quality program and just culture initiatives and assists with
coordination of education for staff and clinicians as needed.
- Facilitates teams to address opportunities for improvement as
identified in the quality and patient safety data warehouses.
Coordinates the development of evidence based, standardized care
practices and performance improvement activities to achieve a high
quality and highly reliable care delivery system.
- Plans, prepares, and coordinates presentations and educational
opportunities for new employees and providers regarding quality,
risk and patient safety strategies.
- Facilitates compliance with The Joint Commission (TJC), Centers
for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and state quality assurance
and performance improvements requirements by coordinating,
organizing and communicating appropriate information to designated
committees and leadership. Leads initiatives for high priority
opportunities as identified by leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
- Responsible for coordination of patient safety and quality
activities for organization. Works collaboratively with leaders,
clinicians and other staff in the development and implementation of
strategies to identify and reduce risks, improve quality and safety
and meet regulatory requirements. Ensures implementation of an
integrated quality and safety program to position organization as a
national leader in quality and safety.
Keywords: Dean Health, St. Louis , Transplant Quality and Safety Specialist, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!