Sr Building Maintenance Technician Electrical (second shift)
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 13, 2021
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
Contribute improvement ideas & suggestions to help continue the
success of the plant. Associates will operate, maintain &
troubleshoot all production equipment associated within the
department to prevent and/or correct mechanical & electrical
breakdowns following strict product safety & quality standards.
Associates must have the ability & initiative to lead & participate
in plant problem-solving teams, ability to apply problem-solving
techniques, communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership & plan
effectively. Interested individuals must be able to work in a fast
paced, multifaceted environment & be able to communicate
effectively. This position is responsible for the electrical
maintenance and repair of all production related machinery and
equipment. Must have the following skills and experience:
Electrical/electronic troubleshooting in a manufacturing plant;
expertise with Allen Bradley PLC's; instrumentation,
troubleshooting, repair and calibration; and experience with
Windows based PC's. Must be able to work well in a team-based
environment with limited supervision, and be available to work any
shift, weekends and holidays as required.
- Associates will operate, maintain & troubleshoot all production
equipment associated within the department to prevent and/or
correct mechanical & electrical breakdowns following strict product
safety & quality standards. Electrical/electronic troubleshooting
in a manufacturing plant.
- Background in industrial, mechanical, electrical, computer
- Knowledge of & capable of performing special technical skill
(electrical troubleshooting, basic PLC skills, machining, welding
tasks, high pressure gases)
- Instrumentation, troubleshooting, repair and calibration.
Knowledge of electrical installation & construction, AC/DC motor
drives, gearboxes, hydraulics & pneumatics systems
- Knowledge of or be willing and able to train in Maintenance
Systems (SAP), computer skills, lubricants & lubricating systems, &
new technologies in predictive maintenance
- Support high performance culture and continuous improvement
programs through active participation in plant productivity
- Comply and actively participate in all safety and environmental
policies, procedures and programs.
- Perform all tasks as assigned by supervisor
- This is not an exhaustive, comprehensive listing of job
functions. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Contractors and outside Venders
- Qualified applicants will have a high school diploma or GED;
Associate's degree preferred.
- 3 years of electrical/electronic troubleshooting experience in
a manufacturing plant preferred
- Expertise with Allen Bradley PLCs: instrumentation,
troubleshooting, repair and calibration
Background in industrial, mechanical, electrical, computer
systems Must have the following skills and experience:
- Experience with Windows based PCs
- Must be able to work well in a team-based environment with
limited supervision, and be available to work any shift, weekends
and holidays as required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and
Other Job Requirements:
- Adhere to OHS policies and procedures and ensure a safe and
healthy workplace environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be
aware of potential exposure to moving mechanical parts; high,
precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; and high noise
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., St. Louis , Sr Building Maintenance Technician Electrical (second shift), Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!