Electrical Engineer - Networks, Integration, and Automation (St Louis)
Company: Burns & McDonnell
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Burns & McDonnell has an exciting opportunity in our
Transmission and Distribution Group for an Electrical Engineer in
our St. Louis, MO office! We are seeking an Electrical Engineer in
our Networks, Integration & Automation (NIA) department. This
position provides the opportunity for an adaptable individual to
exercise their entrepreneurial spirit, and challenge and establish
themselves and the NIA department within one of the industry's
leading firms. Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and
The Electrical Engineer will serve as a lead engineer on a
variety of complex utility telecommunications projects, including
wireless networks (MPLS and LTE), supervisory control and data
acquisition, and fiber optics.
- Designing and coordinating construction of telecommunications
infrastructure utilizing client standards and/or developing new
- Creation and review of project deliverables which may include:
bill of materials, specifications, yard layouts, equipment plans,
sections and details, wiring diagrams, control building
arrangements, DC calculations, cable lists, SCADA points lists,
device configuration files, network architecture diagrams, channel
- Support execution of complex assignments requiring the use of
advanced tools and techniques, resulting in the development of new
or improved processes, equipment and/or technological methods.
- Identify, communicate and support resolution of issues on
projects as needed.
- Provide support to customers in field of expertise.
- Coordinate engineering, contracting and project execution with
the Burns & McDonnell construction management team and field
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to less
experienced staff members.
- Work closely with the project team to ensure deliverables and
services are being provided to client's satisfaction and that
projects are following internal QA/QC guidelines.
- Perform design quality reviews.
- Meet and correspond with clients or outside personnel to
develop relationships with key client points of contact.
- Provide support in preparing proposals and presentations.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related degree
from an ABET accredited program or Bachelor of Science in
Electrical or related Engineering Technology from an ABET
accredited program and successful completion of Fundamentals of
Engineering (FE) exam.
- Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering may be
substituted for 1 year experience.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, computer or other related
engineering discipline from an accredited program.
- Minimum of 3 years utility telecommunications project or
- Engineering in Training registration preferred.
- Consulting experience preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and
strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge
of principles and practices to broad areas of assignments.
- Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems
Keywords: Burns & McDonnell, St. Louis , Electrical Engineer - Networks, Integration, and Automation (St Louis), Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!