Important Note: During the application process, ensure your
contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and
upload your current resume when submitting your application for
consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will
need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by
both email and text message. In order to receive text message
invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number
designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact
information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial
needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented
people who will put our customers at the center of everything we
do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued
and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with
outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information
technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at
the forefront of America's diversified financial services
companies. Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to
deliver stable, secure, scalable and innovative services that
provide Wells Fargo global customers 'round-the-clock' banking
access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels. Wells
Fargo Technology plays a critical role in the company's customer
and employee experience, business and risk management
transformation, and growth agenda.
Enterprise Data Technology (EDT) delivers innovative data
solutions for all lines of business within Wells Fargo. EDT
consists of both vertical and horizontal groups to help standardize
our solution delivery across the enterprise. Our solutions are
aligned with Wells Fargo's data management strategy and information
protection policy. Our goal is to deliver Stable, Secure, Scalable,
and innovative services at Speeds that delight and Satisfy our
customers and unleash the Skills potential of our team members.
This position will report to the Enterprise Data Lake (EDL)
Technology Head of Solution Design. The EDL Team serves as the
internal WF team customer point of contact for all Data Analytics
The EDL Platform Solution Engineering Team is looking for a
"hands on" Application Software Sr Engineer to work in a fast-paced
agile development environment to act as a Lead Cloud Platform
engineer for Hybrid data cloud technologies. This is a new platform
being developed on-premise and will require a senior engineering
resource with experience in Distributed data processing
architectures such as Spark, Airflow and JupyterHub using
containerized Kubernetes platforms and object storage. This
individual will also bring strong DevOps knowledge using an
enterprise CI-CD pipeline and be well versed in security
architectures and considerations.
Position Responsibilities and Expected Outcomes:
- Engage and lead solution architecture discussion to direct
future product roadmap
- Analyze highly complex business requirements, designs and
writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex
computer platforms and applications.
- Act as an expert technical resource for engineering cloud data
platforms, including setup of
- Support overall systems testing and the migration of platforms
and applications to production.
- Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures
and user guides.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met
for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and
testing of the business continuation plan.
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into
- Test prototypes and oversee handover to operational teams.
- Propose best practices/standards.
- Ensures that systems are monitored to increase operational
efficiency and managed to mitigate risk.
- Mentors and trains other members of the team.
- Focuses on building relevant capabilities in the organization
to keep pace with demand and best practices in the industry.
- Understands and leads the team to ensure compliance and risk
management requirements for supported area are met and works with
other stakeholders to implement key data initiatives
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of Linux experience
- 5+ years of experience with Big Data or Hadoop tools such as
Spark, Hive, Kafka and Map
- 3+ years of experience with Spring, Spring Batch, and Spring
- 2+ years of experience with engineering support of private or
public Cloud technology such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure or
- 3+ years of experience with Continuous Integration tools such
as Jenkins, UDeploy (Urbancode Deploy) or a combination of
- 2+ years of Kubernetes experience
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- 5+ years of data security experience
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 255 2nd Ave S - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
MN-Shoreview: 1801 Parkview Dr - Shoreview, MN
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
NC-Charlotte: 300 S Brevard St - Charlotte, NC
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
NJ-Summit: 190 River Rd - Summit, NJ
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: 1445 Ross Ave - Dallas, TX
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon
the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background
check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of
the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual