At CLA we create opportunities!
We are currently recruiting for our National Assurance Technical
Group. This opportunity can be located in a variety of our CLA
Who we are!
As a premier professional services provider to privately held
businesses and their owners, as well as regulated industries like
healthcare, non-profits and state and local governments, we provide
a wide array of solutions to advance our clients success and create
inspired careers for our people. Our market differentiators include
deep industry specialization, three integrated businesses working
together, 1) Audit, Tax & Consulting, 2) Wealth Advisory and 3)
Outsourcing, and phenomenal opportunities for our employees to
build their careers and marketplace value, including unmatched
career choice, flexibility and mobility.
What makes this awesome!
This is a GREAT opportunity for an entrepreneurial assurance
professional looking for a career that includes:
- The opportunity to make a significant impact with a growing Top
- Being part of a talented National Assurance team and a firm
that is committed to knowing you and helping you create
opportunities for your career and your clients.
- Work that is meaningful, highly visible and not routine,
creating the opportunity to continually increase your marketplace
value by providing consultation, research services and technical
expertise to CLA professionals throughout the firm.
- Thriving in an entrepreneurial environment that offers autonomy
and encouragement to move great ideas forward.
- Joining a firm that is growing assurance by investing
significant focus and resources to nation-wide assurance
What will you do?
CLA maintains our own assurance methodology and we are building
a new system to house our methodology and workpapers. The primary
objectives of the system are to elevate engagement team and client
experiences by focusing on integration of data, automating
procedures when appropriate, and increasing value for clients. This
role would be a key member of the team developing the system and
maintaining our methodology for the long term. As a member of the
team, you will need to interact with others across all levels of
the Firm and must have the ability to manage multiple projects. The
Candidate will report to the Managing Principal of National
Assurance and work closely with CLA's Assurance Methodology Leader
and our Audit Innovation team members. This individual will have a
variety of responsibilities/functions that support the Assurance
- Serving as the primary subject matter expert for workpaper
management system, trial balance, and underlying databases.
- Coordination with IT developers while they build and deploy the
- Coordination with assurance teams as they test the system
- Collaboration with various stakeholders of assurance forms,
methodology, and overall vision of system
- Development of training related to rollouts
- Previous knowledge of or desire to learn product
The ideal candidate will have a deep background in assurance
services and data analytics. The ideal candidate will also be
knowledgeable about underlying technology used for assurance
engagements and professional standards affecting our practice and
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, or
Experience and Competencies:
- 7+ years of experience in a public accounting environment or
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Focus on engagement team and client experience
- Solid understanding of assurance professional standards and
- Knowledge of information systems and application of audit data
- Ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on organization
- Ability to simplify complex concepts for engagement teams
- Ability to use various assurance research products
- CPA certification required.
Shortly after you apply you will receive an invitation with
additional information. CLA has partnered with Pymetrics to allow
you to showcase your potential and help us get to know you a little
better. The Pymetrics games take 20-30 minutes to complete and
there are no right or wrong answers - so we hope you have fun!
Following completion of the Pymetrics games, CLA will view the
Pymetrics results alongside other information as part of the
application review process.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients,
and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/