Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives
to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our
world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing
cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its
mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great
place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration,
get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering
some of the most advanced technology solutions for our
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We
employ over 7,000 individuals and closed $13 Billion in revenue. We
have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key
to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it
has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For" list
for the ninth consecutive year!
Why the Accounting team at WWT?
The Cost Accounting team is very collaborative. Each Accountant
has sales regions that they support but the team frequently works
together to solve problems and find innovative ways to support
What your day to day looks like:
The Cost Accountants get to interact with many different groups,
both in and out of Finance. The Cost Accountants are responsible
for ensuring the accuracy of WWT's material gross profit and
frequently work with AR, AP, FP&A, Sales Operations,
Procurement and IT. Lots of interaction within the business!
Summary of Position:
We currently have an open position for a Cost Accountant I in
St. Louis, MO reporting to the Cost Accounting Manager. This
position will support Cost Accountant II and III and is responsible
for communicating any events or activities that may impact the
financial results of the business unit, while ensuring accounting
is recorded in accordance with GAAP.
- Supporting month-end and year-end close
- Preparing journal entries and account reconciliations
- Assist with front-end sales channel setup process to ensure
P&L is accurate
- Coordinate with Cost Accountant II and III to correct order
- Communicate with Cost Accountant II and III with any GP
- Miscellaneous tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent required
- 2 years of progressive business experience in finance and
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software suite
- Exposure to information technology industry is a plus
Business and Personal Attributes:
- A strong team player with evidence of professional maturity,
self-confidence and someone willing to lend support and become
involved in the details of the business required.
- Comfortable working in an open and highly interactive,
fast-paced, communicative culture required.
- Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to professionally communicate at all levels of the
business and ability to interface effectively across multiple
company departments with strong diplomacy skills preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic required.
- Demonstrated customer focus (both internal and external)
- Personal time management skills and organization required.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills required,
innovative thinking and project management skills preferred.
- Ability to embrace change, support multiple groups at one time,
work well in a team environment with positive energy and adhere to
WWT core values required.
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and
competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com
for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently