Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives
to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our
world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing
cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its
mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great
place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration,
get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering
some of the most advanced technology solutions for our
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We
employ over 6,500 individuals and closed nearly $13 Billion in
revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values
are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to
announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to
Work For" list for the ninth consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come
together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are
looking for a Business Solutions Architect to join our SLED team
within Public Sector.
Why should you join the SLED team?
In a rapidly changing technology environment, organizations face
the need to transform their processes and systems to meet emerging
business requirements. This digital transformation demands a
specific expertise and a set of practices to align business focus
with technology solutions. As the Solutions Architect you will be
pivotal in providing strategic guidance and support to some of our
top Higher Education customers in the Central region. Our SLED team
is providing mission-aligned strategies to ensure the customer is
identifying the right solutions to solve their technology
Want to learn more about our SLED team? Check us out on our
What will you be doing?
The Solutions Architect's job focuses on solution-level
decisions and analysis of their impact on the overall business
goals and outcomes. Just like the architect in the construction
industry creating a general blueprint of a future building, a
person at this position must have a profound knowledge of available
technologies to suggest the best solution according to the incoming
requirements and existing environment. So, we can say that the
product of a Solutions Architect's job is the set of technological
solutions and the strategy of their implementation.
After developing a strategic technical vision of the product,
the Solutions Architect is involved in estimating the budget and
presenting it to the stakeholders. Once everything is agreed upon,
he or she monitors the process of development and keeps
stakeholders informed about the progress.
Solution architecture is a complex process - with many
sub-processes - that bridges the gap between business problems and
technology solutions. It encompasses:
- Finding the best tech solution among all possible to solve the
existing business problems.
- Describing the structure, characteristics, behavior, and other
aspects of software to project stakeholders.
- Defining features, phases, and solution requirements.
- Providing specifications according to which the solution is
defined, managed, and delivered.
- Understand the customer's technology and business environment
as well as their enterprise specifics
- Analyze and understand business and technical requirements
- Establish collaboration framework and engage the correct WWT
resources to support
- Creation of solution prototype
- Lead the technology selection to best support the customer
- Provide project management support while maintaining alignment
of solution development with customer and WWT
- Develop and Present Proposals
- Develop Level of Effort and Statement of Work
- Support related RFP responses
- Develop and maintain trusted relationships within internal
stakeholders including sales as well and our customer base
- 10+ years of experience working in multiple IT areas
- IT infrastructure and cloud operations and deployment
- Engineering and software architecture design, business analysis
- Solid project and resource management skills as well as product
- Experience with complex solution delivery and driving
successful customer engagements.
- Experience talking to IT and Business leadership on IT projects
(and how those projects impact the business)
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to work
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to successfully influence and negotiate
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at
WWT - it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks
and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to
Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes
to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the
following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Heath, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite
Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan
with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave,
Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal,
Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and
competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com
for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently