Company: Merck KGaA
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 10, 2021
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery:
our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays
through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science
and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we
have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant
ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business
of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization.
External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As an Associate Scientist at MilliporeSigma you will evaluate
products according to established protocols, provide technical
support to others and perform operations in support of the group
- Safely perform operations to meet quality expectations.
- Ensure quality throughout the process.
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality
- Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve
group/departmental goals and meet deadlines.
- Perform multi-disciplined, established processes, assays and/or
- Accurately perform procedures independently.
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to
the attention of supervisor.
- Perform routine troubleshooting with assistance from lab
subject matter experts.
- Participate in process improvements under the guidance of a
Supervisor or subject matter experts.
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe
- Assure you are adequately trained to perform
- Clean-up equipment and working areas during and after
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain
equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste
- Ensure all applicable log books have been filled out completely
as required by current procedures.
- Interact with other departments as needed.
- Participate as needed in quality audits.
- Wear personal protective equipment such as respirator or
chemical protective clothing for extended periods.
- Lift and push up to 80 pounds with assistance.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, or other life/
physical science discipline
- 3+ years of work experience in a lab environment
- Knowledge and experience with a variety of molecular, immuno,
and/or cell testing techniques
- Ability to perform scientific calculations
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to self-motivate and meet deadlines
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to thrive within a team atmosphere
- Experience with SAP
- Ability to identify and communicate process improvement
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break
new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our
diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw
your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and
priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No
employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against
on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or
veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender
status, marital status, or any other classification protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal
Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs
relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation,
benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and
conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes
they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone
acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their
Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately.
The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they
made a good faith report of discrimination.
Keywords: Merck KGaA, St. Louis , Associate Scientist, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!