Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 10, 2021
5 On Your Side, the TEGNA-owned NBC affiliate in St. Louis,
Missouri is seeking a creative, engaging, Multi-Skilled Journalist
for its popular daytime program, "Show Me St. Louis." Since
September 1995, "Show Me St. Louis" has featured local restaurants,
small businesses, arts and entertainment venues around the St.
Louis community. Candidate would host sponsored segments and create
sales and lifestyle content for multiple platforms for local
businesses. This is a Monday through Friday position working
full-time. The successful candidate will be able to execute a
variety of tasks in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment and
work well with advertisers. The ideal candidate is a great
storyteller who will excel in this digital age of journalism. We
want journalists who can create unique and shareable stories for
all platforms through memorable writing, photography and
- Work with the sales team and local clients in creating live or
pre-produced sales segments.
- Work with sales team to create mutually beneficial
relationships with clients.
- Properly coordinate and schedule pre-produced sales segments
that might require travel to local businesses.
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service to advertisers
purchasing sponsored content.
- Work with community advocates to highlight their contributions
positively impacting the St. Louis area.
- Develop contacts throughout the community to identify brand-
appropriate stories and contribute daily through the editorial
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Shoot, write, produce and edit on air and online content within
- Perform other tasks as required by Senior Producer.
- Journalist and/or Mass Communication degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of reporting experience preferred.
- Experience working with digital and social media tools in a
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects effectively under
- A personal style that promotes effective communication and
- Excellent use of social media for news gathering/disseminating
and community engagement.
- Cultivate sources.
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, metrics-informed story
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Strong organization and time management.
- Knowledge of St. Louis area a plus.
- Reels must show written & edited packages and interactive live
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that
serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA
tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and
delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television
stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4
network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station
groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television
households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks
True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS)
offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers
across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms,
including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more
information, visit [ Link removed ] - URL blocked - click to
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug
free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage
and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal
appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family
responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational
school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic
Keywords: Tegna, St. Louis , Multi-Skilled Journalist, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!