Cedarhurst Senior Living is an experienced operator of
independent living, assisted living and memory care communities
across the Midwest, Mid-South and Southeast. Cedarhurst Senior
Living is part of the Dover Companies, a vertically integrated
healthcare organization established in 2007 to develop, construct,
acquire, own, and operate high-quality senior living communities.
In addition to Cedarhurst Senior Living, the Dover Companies
include Dover Development, Brahms Construction, Dover Capital and
Cedarhurst Senior Living and the Dover Companies are mission
driven - everything we do is grounded in our higher purpose of
caring for seniors. Our decision making is informed by our mission
to create communities where each person feels loved, valued,
supported and able to live life to the fullest. Each business unit
and each team member has a unique ability and responsibility to
impact the lives of seniors and we take that responsibility very
We also embody an entrepreneurial spirit that has fueled our
growth and continues to drive us forward.
Cedarhurst Senior Living is growing and is adding a new position
of Corporate Executive Chef to help meet the growth goals of the
organization. This position will be housed in our corporate office
in Clayton, Missouri.
About the Role:
As the Corporate Executive Chef, you are directly responsible
for overseeing the culinary operations of the Cedarhurst Dining
Program. In addition, you are accountable for implementing and
following the culinary standards, regulated by State and Federal
requirements and laws and Cedarhurst standards. As the Corporate
Executive Chef, you will supervise and develop the Regional Dining
Director team. In addition, you will be responsible for overseeing
all kitchen functions in all Cedarhurst communities. This includes
but is not limited to menu creation, food purchasing, cost
management, budgeting, as well as developing and ensuring
compliance with Cedarhursts standards for quality, sanitation and
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities
- B.S. degree in a related field required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years in Food and Beverage in a hospitality
environment or senior living environment preferred.
- Applicable certifications are preferred.
- Directly supervise and support Regional Dining Directors (RDDs)
and Dining Service Directors (DSDs) in assigned communities.
- Provide assistance with interviewing, hiring, training and
coaching/counseling new RDDs and DSDs
- Collaborate with communities and RDDs to develop menus to the
highest quality and resident satisfaction.
- Provide staff development and training to all dining staff to
ensure meals are prepared and served in accordance with established
policies and procedures.
- Listen and respond to oral and written feedback from Residents
on food quality and service.
- Implement, direct, and ensure compliance with all applicable
federal and state regulatory requirements and laws, as well as any
Cedarhurst standards, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Monitor dining staff to assure they are following established
safety and sanitary regulations and procedures in the use of
equipment and supplies.
- Identify and implement cost savings initiatives.
- Select and manage vendors and vendor contracts related to the
- Implement improved processes and management methods to generate
higher workflow optimization.
- Standardize Production Recipes to ensure consistent
- Foster a positive dining culture across all communities that
promotes consistency and quality.
- Provide leadership in such a manner that represents key servant
leadership principles, including effective listening, empathy,
awareness, and persuasiveness.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations.
- Professional culinary and food preparation skills.
- Must possess strong financial and operational abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and management experience.
- Must have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations,
to be flexible, to work well with many interruptions and have skill
- Must exhibit and promote a high level of customer service,
hospitality, curiosity and friendliness towards all residents,
visitors, employees and the overall facility.
- Computer skills: Proficiency in Internet browsers (e.g.
Explorer, Chrome, Fire Fox), as well as Microsoft Office programs:
Outlook, Excel, Word.
This position requires frequent travel, approximately 50 60%.
Travel for an extended period may be required, local or overnight.
Typically, travel is planned; however, there may be times there is
an unplanned immediate need, for local and/or overnight travel.
What you need to know when considering a career with
Cedarhurst professionals use their expertise and genuine respect
for our residents to serve in ways that encourage independence,
dignity, and individuality. We believe it is important to take time
to get to get to know the residents we will be serving and to put
into practice our company values:
- Passionate about what you do and the care/services you
- Trustworthy trust is earned by outstanding service and
dedication to our residents.
- Empathetic toward the residents/people we serve; and be there
to listen, assist and above all else care.
- Positive in your interactions with our residents providing them
with a memorable and pleasant experience.
- Respectful toward the residents and others, giving them the
attention, dignity, and independence, they deserve.
- Approachable together we are family. Honest care and
personalized service cannot be faked.
We seek out team members and leaders who exhibit and promote a
high level of customer service, hospitality, curiosity and
friendliness towards all residents, visitors, employees, and the
overall community. In addition, we seek out team members and
leaders who are driven to provide a successful and enriched life
experience to the seniors residing within our communities.
If you feel you would be the right fit for our organization, we
encourage you to apply. Be part of making a true difference in our
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the employer will provide
reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with
disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to
discuss potential accommodations with the employer.