Company: St. Louis Community College
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Job Title Peer Tutor Posting Number 0067 Position Number M49987,
M59999, M69990, M69997, M39999 Minimum Salary $10.30/hr Employee
Group Office and Technical Non-Unit Full/Part Time Part Time
Temporary/Continuing Temporary 52 or 36 weeks 36 FLSA Status
Non-Exempt Suggested Starting Date 04/12/2021 Usual Hours of Work
5-18 hours/week Department Academic Affairs
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide transformative impact on students by empowering them to
understand content material, use effective learning strategies, and
learn in a collaborative environment.
- Remove barriers to learning by providing equitable treatment
and practicing inclusivity of all students.
- Provide guidance and interpretation of coursework goals and
- Act as a role model in demonstrating study strategies and
habits necessary for success in a specified academic area.
- Complete administrative documentation, including timesheets and
attendance reports, accurately and on time.
- Maintain confidentiality of students' personal and academic
issues and records as per FERPA and college guidelines.
- Attend mandatory training activities and scheduled events, and
participate in Academic Success Center promotional activities.
- Promote self and services to relevant faculty and students by
making classroom visits and/or establishing online connection and
- Tutors must have earned at least a B average in the content
area they are tutoring. Some disciplines may require demonstration
of proficiency by completing a qualifying exam.
- Referral by at least one St. Louis Community College faculty
member in the content area is required.
- Must be currently enrolled or registered at St. Louis Community
College and making progress toward completion of a degree and/or
transfer study program as defined in Board Policy.
- Aptitude for tutoring in specific content area.
- Good interpersonal communication skills with an emphasis on
listening and assessing the needs of diverse learners.
- Effective time management skills: punctual; completes
associated responsibilities of the job in a timely manner.
- Patient and passionate about working with fellow students.
- Professional behavior in language, dress, and demeanor.
- Proficiency with computers and computer applications, Microsoft
Office Suite, college Learning Management System (Blackboard),
email, and other as needed.
- Sufficient technical skill to conduct online tutoring sessions
within designated virtual platforms.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants the following job requisition is a pooled position
If you have previously applied, no further action is
This position requires answers to supplemental questions that
indicate the campus on which you wish to work and the subjects you
are qualified to tutor.
(mm/dd/yyyy) 03/25/2021 Closing Date
(mm/dd/yyyy) Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link https://jobs.stlcc.edu/postings/9574
Affirmative Action Statement
St. Louis Community College is an Affirmative Action /Equal
Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse
backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity
Special Instructions Summary
Keywords: St. Louis Community College, St. Louis , Peer Tutor, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!