Supervisor - Grounds Maintenance
Company: Service Source
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Make an impact by joining ServiceSource, a champion for people
with disabilities. Explore new opportunities! ServiceSource is an
organization of talented people who drive innovation, embrace
change, and serve humanity.
Responsible for the management of day-to-day operations and
personnel for the Roads and Grounds department. Ensure the work is
completed to customers' standards. Provide effective customer
service and achieve customer satisfaction by delivering services in
a professional, courteous, and timely manner for our National
Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) West Base Operations Support
The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. These duties and
responsibilities will be rated on the Annual Performance
- Supervise overall operations of grounds staff, including plan,
design, and implement grounds maintenance activities and ensure
work is accomplished according to plan and schedule.
- Establish and enforce operating procedures and work standards
that will ensure adequate performance and personnel safety.
- Coordinate crew schedules to achieve conformance with
specifications, standards, and contract requirements.
- Inspect completed work to ensure conformance to specifications,
standards, and contract requirements.
- Support the grounds team to accomplish necessary work, by using
demonstration, verbal instructions, and hands on training.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Plant or maintain vegetation through activities such as
mulching, watering, mowing, or pruning.
- Troubleshoot problem areas of grounds maintenance, requisition
and inventory tools, supplies, and equipment.
- Perform grounds maintenance providing quality service in
accordance with the contract specifications.
- Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding,
grubbing, removing thatch, or trimming or edging around flower
beds, walks, or walls. Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes,
pruning saws, saws, hedge or brush trimmers, or axes.
- Maintain or repair tools, equipment, or structures, such as
buildings, fences, or benches, using hand or power tools. Provide
proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, and
all other grounds features.
- Work closely with Grounds Lead to ensure all turf areas are
maintained in accordance with contract specifications.
- Manage and maintain turf by watering, weeding, mowing,
trimming, replanting, and performing other operations as required
to establish healthy, viable turf.
- Manage the transportation of large debris, leaves, trash,
equipment requiring major repair etc. from the site to required
designation, entrances, emergency exits and fire hydrant
- Coordinate and provide oversight for service vendors conducting
refuse/recycle, snow removal, road repair and other activities.
Other duties assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, and Certification(s)
- A high school diploma or state certified equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of grounds maintenance experience
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience required.
- Ability to gain and maintain NGA site access required.
- Ability to pass HSPD-12 background check required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of and proficient use with Microsoft
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses,
repair, and maintenance.
- The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your
arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two
arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or
- The ability to quickly, and repeatedly, adjust the controls of
a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms;
and talk or hear. The employee is required to frequently walk and
sit. The employee may occasionally lift or move products and
supplies, up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception,
and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. The noise level varies dependent
upon environment; office work is typically quiet, exterior work may
be exposed to high levels of noise generated by such things as
mowers, trimmers, and blowers.
What We Offer - for Benefit Eligible Employees May Include:
Because ServiceSource hires the best people, we work hard to
provide benefits that make their lives better, so we offer a
comprehensive benefit program which features:
Health coverage for you and your family through Medical, Dental,
and Vision plans
Financial protection with 100% company paid Disability, Life,
Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance
A 403(b)-Retirement plan in which the company matches dollar for
dollar on a generous percentage matching up to 3% of your
Tax advantages through Flexible Spending and Health Savings
accounts that allow you to pay for specific healthcare and
dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars
To help you manage your work and life needs, we offer an
Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Program, and Tuition
- A generous paid time-off program in which the benefits increase
based on your tenure with the company
ServiceSource is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. If accommodation is needed in the application
process, arrangements can be made with the local regional office
are an E-Verify Employer and a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment
background checks are required for all employment positions.
PAY TRANSPARENCY POLICY STATEMENT:
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information
Keywords: Service Source, St. Louis , Supervisor - Grounds Maintenance, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!