Regional Credit Manager Americas
Company: RELX Group
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 9, 2021
- Lead a team of Credit Analysts and Credit Controllers and
ensure all Credit staff are appropriately trained, developed and
aware of their accountabilities & responsibilities.
- Ensure that all Businesses are supported with professional,
timely and consistent Credit services in all countries at the
relevant levels through credit SLA's.
- Promote, drive and reward operational excellence within the
- Provide guidance to Credit Analysts and Credit Controllers and
ensure implementation & monitor key objectives.
- Support the Project Initiatives related to Credit. Ensure focal
points are nominated and made available to support the global
- Conduct Credit visits to customers as required.
- Manage issues that have been escalated where the allocated
resolution owner of a customer complaint is unable to provide a
- Provide interpretation of policy and guide the businesses on
the principles of sound credit management. Keep up-to-date on
issues within the businesses by having close relationships with the
sales managers and reading information from industry sources.
- Responsible for ensuring that controls are adhered to within
the area of responsibility.
- This is a high profile role in the Credit organisation with
exposure to senior Finance /Business leaders and third party
- The role requires strong levels of leadership, and involves
maximising commercial opportunities where credit can play a part in
delivering strong margins whilst taking acceptable credit risks.
This will require creating very good working relationships with the
local Sales Teams.
- Have the ability to meet with customers to discuss a range of
issues and still maintain a solid relationship wherever
- The ability to negotiate effectively is a key requirement.
- Managing Credit activities in highly volatile situations - must
be adaptable and have an excellent understanding of risk, and how
external conditions can effect Elsevier.
- Ability to manage a team on a virtual basis across the region,
liaising with sales and the support team in Manila.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experiences (and any other
- Educated to degree level with full/part qualified accountancy
- 5 to 10 years credit management experience
- The Regional Manager Credit Risk & Receivables is a results
focussed team leader, with excellent communication skills and
- Ability to work under tight time pressure whilst still
maintaining high standards of work not only personally, but also
within the team.
- Able to encourage and support team members in their personal
development, and positively engage with others to improve business
processes and performance where necessary.
- Experience working cross functionally within the business, and
possess strong commercial acumen to place credit management into an
overall commercial context.
- Have credibility and be able to negotiate with customers and
their professional advisors face to face at the highest level
within their organisation whilst valuing the customer relationship
- Ability to review and analyse large volumes of financial sales
data in order to support business led decision making
- Knowledge of the local financial and legal aspects of trade
credit, including risk and economic evaluation of investments.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants
are considered for and treated during employment without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship
status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified
individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable
accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual
should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based
in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
Keywords: RELX Group, St. Louis , Regional Credit Manager Americas, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!