Software Engineer - Automation
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 9, 2021
If end date is listed, the posting will come down at 12:00 am on
The Software Engineer (RPA) will play an integral part in
developing automations using industry leading technologies such as
Blue Prism while using their core development strengths to help
build core platform capabilities
- Designs, develops and deploys automations utilizing the Blue
- Guides technical resources on implementation of process
automation, and related best practices; reviews artefacts such as
models, diagrams and design documents.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identifies potential process/system opportunities for
- Draws process maps and uses business process modeling
- Collaborates with business functional leaders to develop and
document technical designs for business process automation.
- Understands relevant machine learning to extend the use of RPA
into intelligent automation; assesses the requirement and fit
within Ameren's existing structures, and future business
- Documents adoption requirements, system requirements and
timelines for automation; confers with internal business
stakeholders on impact to other related systems/ processes.
- Provides input/feedback on data and metrics related to
automation enabled processes/platforms and solutions to help
measure the health and performance of the overall program.
- Investigates complex production issues, identifies root causes,
and directs changes.
- Independently defines and manages the scope and schedule of
medium to large automation projects, ensuring projects are
delivered on time and within budget.
- Develops project/release plans and timelines, monitors
execution progress and drives resolution to possible scope/time
- Establishes mitigation plans for time/scope changes from
original plan. Identifies and engages impacted teams to ensure
understanding of dependencies, risk, and mitigation plans.
- Manages delivery of projects in partnership with business
stakeholders, by demonstrating a deep understanding of the business
needs and how automation, AI and Machine learning can produce
- Coaches/Mentors less experienced co-workers and provides
feedback to enhance skills, and knowledge.
- Supports training and college recruiting for co-workers.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in engineering,
mathematics, computer science, or business.
- Will consider candidates without a degree if they have
shown/demonstrated having 2+ years equivalent, relevant experience
in tools, systems, and initiatives leveraged by Ameren.
- 3+ years of relevant experience required..
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful
candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong working knowledge of object oriented programming
languages (C#,.NET, Java preferred).
- Strong working knowledge of RPA software technology.
- Strong working knowledge of API's.
- Strong working knowledge of Agile development
- Strong working analytical skills, interpretation, and
evaluation of data.
- Strong working knowledge of cloud technologies.
- Strong working knowledge of databases platforms.
Ameren's selection process includes a series of interviews and
may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will
be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military
service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status
protected by law.
Keywords: Ameren, St. Louis , Software Engineer - Automation, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!