Like the Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN), a network of
fulfillment centres that will provide fast, affordable shipping for
our merchants and their customers. And the team that is developing
this product needs help in St Louis.
OK, so what's an Operations Support Specialist do? It's actually
pretty simple. Our merchants can't be at our St Louis facility in
person, so you're going to be their trouble shooter and their eyes
and ears on the ground. You'll use your awesome customer success
skills and your deep knowledge of warehousing operations to make
sure our merchants and the St Louis facility work well
Want more? OK, the person that gets this role will be working
closely with merchant experience teams, operations managers, and
program managers. This person will be bridging the gap between
Shopify, the merchant and the St Louis facility. You're like a
fulfillment centre translator :)
You'll be responsible for:
- Own implementation of processes and tooling to enable St Louis
to better integrate with Shopify internal systems (e.g. getting
Zendesk operational between Shopify and St Louis)
- Be the subject matter expert within the Operations team when it
comes to how the team will interact with the warehouse management
system in use in St Louis.
- Act as a bridge between St Louis and the support team to ensure
the timely resolution of any issues
- Help create processes/workflows that provide consistency across
- Deploy new workflows to St Louis to ensure the right
information is flowing and creating documentation to support these
- Training St Louis team members in Shopify processes.
Here's what we're expecting you to have:
- You are already in the St Louis area, or open to relocation
within the US
- You've worked with customer service software like osTickets or
- You've worked with WMS software before. This one's
- An ability to create order from chaos.
- An ability to document knowledge and then share that in a
- Experience working in warehousing operations, logistics and/or
- A desire to make things work better
- A love of feedback! Both in terms of giving and receiving.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we
truly value your time. Paul is looking forward to reading your
IMPORTANT!: Have you worked with a Warehouse Management System
(WMS) before? If so, make sure to tell us about that.
Finally, at Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering
an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and
heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and
inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We
strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with
disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities
and/or people with intersectional identities.