National Account Manager- Remote
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 9, 2021
What you will do
He/she will drive profitable growth with large, multi-site
customers throughout North America. You will be assigned existing
accounts, while also sourcing, closing and driving growth with new
logos. You will also have expertise within an assigned vertical
market (Retail, Grocery, Convenience Stores or Distribution
Centers), understanding market drivers and trends, competition, and
buying criteria. The ideal candidate will have experience in at
least one of Johnson Controls' (JCI) four commercial building
product segments: Fire, Security, HVAC or Building Controls, and
use his/her collaborative style to work internally across JCI
product groups to bundle valuable solutions.
We are looking for seasoned, executive-level business developers
that will take ownership of an account, work across customer
departments and functions, and identify and close opportunities
using a creative and consultative approach. Expertise in account
planning is critical, as you will be successful thinking
strategically and methodically managing to a plan.
How you will do it
- Meet or exceed revenue and margin plans with assigned accounts
and new customer captures.
- Prepare and manage account plans to drive cross-selling of JCI
- Navigate target accounts to establish and maintain deep
relationships across multiple business functions that will have an
impact on facility planning and purchasing.
- Build and manage a diverse sales pipeline consisting of active
opportunities across each sales stage.
- Embrace comprehensive use of CRM by tracking opportunities,
account activity and maintaining a contact database.
- Produce accurate forecasts on a monthly basis.
- Develop, present and discuss proposals in a professional,
- Link customer objectives to product solutions delivering a
total value offering that creates a competitive advantage.
- Differentiate and leverage JCI product offerings from
competitors based on the total benefit of doing business with
- Create partnering opportunities with customer principles
responsible for the decision-making process.
- Actively listen, probe and identify customer concerns, while
understanding their business and speaking their language.
- Develop credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment with
- Manage ongoing sales process and respond to, and anticipate,
- Analyze the market and current business performance, and
develop sales strategies consistent with our mission and
- Understand the current business environment including
competition, purchasing and business trends.
- Work with Product Management and Engineering by providing
customer feedback on products and features, as well as competitive
- Complete expected training requirements and demonstrate the
capability of selling the full scope of bundled offerings
- Be actively involved in key industry associations (AHR, SPECS,
Residential groups, etc.).
What we look for
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing or
related field of study.
- Minimum 5-8 years' progressive sales experience in building
products, automation or HVAC.
- Expertise within a multi-site vertical.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Excellent team and project management skills.
- Self-motivated to exceed goals and contribute to a winning
- Positive and healthy attitude.
- Ability to travel up to 50% (post-COVID).
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified
individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you
are an individual with a disability and you require an
accommodation during the application process, please visit
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., St. Louis , National Account Manager- Remote, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!