Portfolio Consultant, Investment Advisory (Remote Work Eligible)
Company: Edward Jones
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 9, 2021
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with
clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who
enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with
clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide
support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver
an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch
offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to
grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
- Partner with financial advisors in all aspects of the Advisory
Solutions custom portfolio construction process, offering insights
and practical strategies around asset allocation, tax minimization,
portfolio structure and optimal investment allocations across
multiple client accounts.
- Independently develop and implement the personalized portfolio
solutions and tailored goals-based advice valued by clients, in
alignment with firm advice and guidance, based on their objectives,
risk profile, time horizon and preferences.
- Provide expert level case management directly to financial
advisors, as the portfolio specialist, in order to effectively
implement Model changes, portfolio objective adjustments,
Investment Policy Committee asset allocation changes and/or manager
- Serve as the Investment Advisory subject matter expert when
representing the Firm's Advisory Solutions fee-based discretionary
programs directly to high net worth clients in collaboration with
our Client Consultation Group (CCG).
- Support financial advisors in developing client presentations
by clearly communicating recommendation rationale, key
considerations and client outcomes associated with client
- Deliver presentations at client events, seminars and web
- Have a deep understanding of Advisory industry trends and the
competitive environment, and be able to apply this knowledge when
serving the needs of financial advisors and clients.
- Help train and develop newer associates.
Education and Certification
- Bachelor degree required. Finance background and/or advanced
- Series 7 and 66 FINRA licenses are required to be obtained
within six months of hire.
- Completion of CFA designation, including relevant work
- 3 to 7 years of Advisory or Financial Services industry
experience. Background in asset allocation advice and guidance,
portfolio construction, investment analysis and/or investment
management strongly preferred.
- Strong technical aptitude, analytical and critical thinking
- Strong knowledge of economic, statistical and investment
- Advanced expert level understanding of Firm's Advisory
Solutions fee-based discretionary programs.
- Strong verbal communication and presentation delivery
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- FORTUNE 2020 - Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE
100 Best Companies to Work For list.
From FORTUNE 2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved.
Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work
For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are
used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not
affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for
millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of
680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC
Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25
on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list - the highest
ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the
2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE
magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two
spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of
rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee
feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified organizations. Edward
Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in
2019 list, the firm's 20th appearance on the list. The firm also
was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services &
Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great
Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual
orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any
other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their
contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a
rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial
security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about
our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary,
typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary
range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is
based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors
for a potential new associate:
Keywords: Edward Jones, St. Louis , Portfolio Consultant, Investment Advisory (Remote Work Eligible), Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!