Supervisor - Transition Living Group Hm TLGH
Company: Great Circle
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 9, 2021
$36,500-$40,000 starting salary*
Purpose of Position
To provide consistent direction and guidance to Youth Advisors
(YA's) in meeting the group home daily routines, resident treatment
plan compliance and supervision of recreation activities on
To develop a consistent YA shift team (including Nightwatch) in
which the Transitional Living Group Home Supervisor will maintain
influence as needed in the hiring, termination, and transfer of
YA's and Nightwatch on their team.
Major Duties (*Essential Element)
- Teach all new YA's the attachment treatment model, YA job
expectations and the group home daily routine.
- Provide daily training and feedback to YA team and individual
YA's on meeting job expectations, including orientating new staff
to key policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all training requirements and hours of YA's and
Nightwatch are completed in appropriate time frames, each
- Work with Director of Cottage Life to maintain good YA
performance on the team and document job performance concerns for
- Develop and review with YA team each resident's safety plan and
treatment plan goals as child moves into the group home, and
periodically during stay.
- Lead discussion of resident progress during treatment plan
- Ensure all daily paperwork (house logs, daily reports, I.R's,
MARS) is completed prior to end of each day or shift.
- Lead daily client group process meetings, when available.
- Ensure each child has proper medications, clothing, and
personal items from the group home as needed for visits, therapy
runs, transfers, and disenrollments.
- Provide direction to all staff that enters the group home for
interaction or assisting with residents.
- Maintain the group home to JCAHO standards on a daily
- Assist with driving residents to clinic visits, family therapy,
weekend van runs and all other off campus activities, as
- Teach, train and provide feedback to YA's in compliance with
all SCM techniques.
- Perform and properly document crisis intervention for residents
- Ensure the group home is always clean, structured, orderly, and
maintenance concerns are addressed.
- Ensure all kids are groomed and dressed appropriately for the
- Actively tell YA's in your the group home where they should be
and what they should be doing.
- Coordinate any breaks with other supervisors.
- Complete light-duty household maintenance projects. Ensure that
the group home is clean, organized and that equipment in proper
- Assumes on-call responsibilities as assigned by Director of
- Review and sign completed Credible incident reports on a daily
- Ensure that the group homes are properly staff at all times,
and ensure overtime is at a minimum
- Communicate weekly with parents, guardians, referral sources,
and other interested parties.
- Complete all case management duties.
- Attend and lead Treatment Review Staffing to ensuring
participation of agencies, parents, groups, and family
Working in a trauma informed office and home environment.
Adequate lighting and temperature. May be exposed to noise and
crisis-related behavior from clients.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This person must be
able to hear, see, talk, and sit or stand at a personal computer
for a reasonable length of time typing and reading. Using hands to
feel or handle, climb or balance, stoop, kneel or crawl, taste or
smell as well as lift 10-100 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
For TLGH area
Strong customer service focus, excellent time management, oral
and written communication skills. Proficient in Word and Excel.
Requires analytical ability necessary to handle moderately complex
administrative details such as preparing nonrecurring reports.
Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a
diversified workload with attention to detail. Proficient in Word
and email applications. Must be able to work productively and
respectfully with individuals and families from diverse cultural
backgrounds. Qualified to provide clinical supervision. Class E
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in social services related field or equivalent
combination of years of college education and direct care
experience in a residential care setting.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Working in residential setting
- Working in a Trauma Informed environment
- Knowledge of trauma and its impacts on healthy
- Supervisory or leadership skills are a plus
Great Circle is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Great Circle, St. Louis , Supervisor - Transition Living Group Hm TLGH, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!