Sr. CNC Lathes Machinist
Company: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company)
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Job Description Summary
About BD: BD is one of the largest global medical technology
companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by
improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care.
The company supports the heroes on the frontlines of health care by
developing innovative technology, services and solutions that help
advance both clinical therapy for patients and clinical process for
health care providers. BD and its 65,000 employees have a passion
and commitment to help improve patient outcomes, improve the safety
and efficiency of clinicians' care delivery process, enable
laboratory scientists to better diagnose disease and advance
researchers' capabilities to develop the next generation of
diagnostics and therapeutics. BD has a presence in virtually every
country and partners with organizations around the world to address
some of the most challenging global health issues. By working in
close collaboration with customers, BD can help enhance outcomes,
lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand
access to health care. In 2017, BD welcomed C. R. Bard and its
products into the BD family. For more information on BD, please
The Equipment Specialist:
- Operates and monitors automated manufacturing equipment and
- Must certify on multiple processes.
- May perform manual manufacturing operations such as manual
- Will monitor product quality in accordance with task
- Conducts on-the-job training for other associates.
- Works as a member of a self-directed work team.
- Participates in all team meetings, activities, team building
initiatives, and continuous improvement activities.
- Operates multiple processes on high speed automated or
semi-automated manufacturing equipment.
- Participates in all equipment changeovers or set-ups.
- Monitors assigned processes to ensure high quality
- Removes defective product from the automated or semi-automated
- Participates in the division of labor of self-directed work
responsibilities including attendance, scheduling of work
assignments, compliance audits, etc.
- Maintains equipment and a clean area by performing tasks such
as sweeping, mopping, and wiping down equipment.
- Maintains an open line of communication to ensure all
problems/changes are communicated and resolved in a timely
- Maintains records and documents as required.
- Determines the cause of quality problems and takes appropriate
action per the task documents.
- May perform Process Control Operator duties, as required.
- Works overtime as needed by the department.
- Actively participates in Continuous Improvement teams and
activities, including 5S, blitzes, Shift Start-up, updating PVD
- Continuously improves through the KAS program, meeting
department goals for completed KAS.
- Complies with all local, state, federal, and BD safety
regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous
- Complies with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and
practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain safe work behaviors
- High quality products manufactured per task documents
- Meet or exceed department KAS completion goals
Education & Experience Requirements:
- High school graduate or GED (minimum requirement)
- Effective written and oral communication skills (English),
basic math skills, and interpersonal skills
- One to two years of previous manufacturing/production
experience is preferred
- Must also have good dexterity and coordination
Primary Work Location
USA UT - Sandy
Keywords: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), St. Louis , Sr. CNC Lathes Machinist, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!