Shift Operations Manager
Company: YRC Worldwide
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Independently manages available resources (manpower and
equipment) to move freight in the safest and most cost effective
manner to meet or exceed customer expectations and company goals
for an assigned shift at a Distribution Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides supervision and coordination of dock functions for
efficient damage-free pickup, loading and delivery of freight.
- Monitor, evaluate and provide recommendations to operations
personnel to maintain efficient dock processes to improve dock
- Develops cost-saving methods for increased terminal
- Recruit, develop, retain and lead qualified personnel to ensure
effective operations in support of company's mission and
- Improve employee relations through motivation, feedback and
- Project and schedule dockworkers based on forecasted business
levels. Maintain adequate staffing levels of qualified, experienced
dockworkers and casuals.
- Administers disciplinary progression per contract and local
- Supports accident/injury prevention activities to provide a
safe and efficient working environment for employees.
- Ensures compliance with government and company regulations,
policies and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge and effective use of the local union
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing
major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g.,
people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to
change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and
collaborating with others to make the change successful.
- Building Trusting Relationships - Using appropriate
interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with
customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way
that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's
- Collaborating - Working cooperatively with others to help a
team or work group achieve its goals.
- Communication - Conveying information and ideas clearly and
concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help
them understand and retain the message; listening actively to
- Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for
learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning
opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job
and learning through their application.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work
goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required;
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self
and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for
successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing
standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Employee selected medical, dental, and vision coverage for you
and your family
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Bachelor's degree in business, logistics or related field or
equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 2 or more years experience in city and/or dock operations.
- 2 years previous management and/or supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated organizational, planning, prioritization and
- Proven effective verbal, written and interpersonal
- 5 years successful operations leadership experience.
- Knowledge of company policy, procedures and applicable
collective bargaining agreements.
- Familiarity with mainframe computers and/or PC
Environmental working conditions vary and employee may encounter
vibration, noise, odors, and extremes in temperature and wind as
well as exposure to varied weather, varied surfaces, sharp edges,
varied lighting and confined and congested areas and occasional
exposure to petroleum-based products such as gasoline, diesel fuel,
oil, grease, dust, fumes, and chemicals.
The position requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, and
maintain balance for extensive periods of time. The ability to
frequently lift up to 58 lbs from floor to above the shoulder and
horizontally, and carry objects up to 50 feet. Occasionally lift up
to 80 lbs. Seldomly lift up to 100 lbs. Ability to push/pull up to
128 lbs for extensive periods of time. Ability to perform
repetitive tasks; stretch, turn, twist, and reach overhead; bend,
crouch, squat, kneel and stoop for extensive periods of time.
Yellow Corporation, along with all subsidiary companies, are an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Keywords: YRC Worldwide, St. Louis , Shift Operations Manager, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!