Scientist II (QC Analytical- HPLC)
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 8, 2021
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of
a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and
discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment
in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and
opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
St. Louis, MO
How will you make an impact?
The Scientist II provides moderately complex analyses in a
chemistry environment within defined procedures and practices.
Performs analytical methods for moderately complex testing on a
variety of in process, stability, and release samples. Supports
internal development and/or manufacturing operations. Makes
detailed observations and reviews, documents, and communicates test
results; recommends solutions.
What will you do?
- Conduct testing of materials and products using a variety of
equipment and test methods (Advanced LC assays: Peptide Map, Glycan
analysis as well as others: Reverse Phase, SEC, Titer
concentration, CEX, etc.).
- Recognize and report out-of-specification or unexpected results
and non-routine analytical and product problems; recommends
- Perform method validation and/or qualification testing as
- Maintain and troubleshoot analytical instrumentation as needed.
Clean and organize work space.
- Clearly and accurately communicate the results of work by
creating documentation of the testing/analysis and obtained
results. Record and report results of analysis in accordance with
prescribed lab procedures and systems. May interact with
- Prepare and assist in filing regulatory documents in support of
internal projects. Provide communications with outside departments,
corporate sites, agencies, and clients.
- Perform all duties in strict compliance with Standard Operating
Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory
Practices, and Safety guidelines. Maintain the necessary compliance
status required by company and facility standards.
- Write SOPs and other instructional documents. Author, review
and modify test methods and other lab documents as necessary.
Review departmental documentation (e.g., Standard Operating
Procedures, TMs, and forms).
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree in physical science required, preferably in
Chemistry, Biochemistry or Biology.
- Minimum of 3 years of HPLC experience in industry.
- Experience with Reverse Phase, SEC, Titer concentration, CEX,
- Experience with advanced LC assays such as Peptide Map and
Glycan analysis is helpful.
- Working knowledge of EMPOWER is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of GMP regulations in cGMP manufacturing
- Working Knowledge of scientific principles for wide range of
analytical techniques strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Good knowledge and understanding of chemistry and analytical
- Good knowledge of qualitative and quantitative chemical or
- Good knowledge of quality and regulatory requirements in the
pharmaceutical industry, including pharmaceutical GMPs and
descriptive organic chemistry.
- Good problem solving skills and logical approach to solving
- Good presentation skills to present information to customers,
clients, and other employees.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, written and
- Routine use of MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, and MS Word
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures
and governmental regulations.
- Ability to write standard operating procedures, simple
protocols, and reports.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from
customers or regulatory agencies.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations, to such tasks as
determination of test reliability, analysis of variance and
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving
science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is
to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and
safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences
research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient
diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their
laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more
than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of
innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical
services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo
Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific,
Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., St. Louis , Scientist II (QC Analytical- HPLC), Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!