Elevator Installation Superintendent
Company: KONE Inc.
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 8, 2021
KONE, founded in 1910, is one of the largest, award-winning
elevator companies in the world and our offering for employees is
as competitive as our offering for customers. Not only do we
provide highly competitive salaries, company vehicles for specific
roles, and world-class benefits for our salaried employees - we
also pride ourselves on our culture and principles. Innovation,
sustainability, collaboration and ethical business practices are
just some of the pillars that we use to define our own success.
Come join our family in KONE Americas to be a part of something
Elevator Installation Superintendent
- The Installation Superintendent plans, directs, and coordinates
activities of designated construction projects to ensure site
safety, project quality, and expected profitability is achieved
within targeted time frame.
- Responsible for the daily coordination of new equipment
- Enforce KONE Zero Tolerance safety policy at all work
- Accurately forecast the installation hours and cost for each
project throughout installation.
- Follow processes as outlined in the KONE BPE tool and other
KONE installation documentation.
- Work with general contractors and other trades to ensure
project goals are met.
- Manage multiple projects, coordinate start dates with
customers, and ensure just in time delivery of equipment.
- Support and ensure that field operatives are on task to meet
customer project goals and KONE profitability target.
- Partner with Project Management to discuss project's progress,
issues, and action/recovery plans.
- Partner with sales operation to ensure accurate costing of new
project bids and ensure book orders contain the expenses and labor
hours necessary to meet expected profit margins.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university or a
2-year degree from an approved technical school preferred.
Equivalent work experience in the construction industry accepted in
lieu of degree.
- 3 + years' experience in a supervisory role, preferably in the
construction industry or similar field.
Specific Knowledge, Skills & Behaviors:
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with
building owners/managers, general contractors, developers, and all
levels of employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, effectively manage projects, and
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with
Union employees and KONE customers.
- Ability to understand and assess business needs, develop and
implement action plans, effectively manage multiple projects, and
lead personnel to deliver desired results.
- As you will be at the core of KONE - an everyday hero who makes
people's lives easier - we are proud to offer a range of
experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your
career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and
Ranked by Forbes as one of the most innovative companies in the
world, KONE has been committed to understanding the needs of its
customers for the past century, providing industry-leading
elevators, escalators and automatic building doors as well as
innovative solutions for modernization and maintenance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and
collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of
each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and
we encourage participation and the sharing of information and
ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the
daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to
develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and
respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a
great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences
and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and
personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced
Read more on www.kone.com/careers
Keywords: KONE Inc., St. Louis , Elevator Installation Superintendent, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!