Staff Environmental Engineer - Remediation (St. Louis)
Company: Burns & McDonnell
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Burns & McDonnell's team in St. Louis is looking for a Staff
Environmental Engineer to support environmental investigation and
remediation projects. Burns & McDonnell is a 100% employee-owned
firm ranked on FORTUNE's List of 100 Best Companies to Work For and
voted as a Best Place to Work in numerous cities across the United
This position offers challenging work with significant project
variety at a successful, growing company. The position offers the
opportunity to be on the cutting edge of technology applied in the
remediation industry, including 3D visualization modeling, forensic
studies and investigation, high resolution site characterization
(HRSC), remediation systems engineering design, etc.
This position requires experience performing environmental site
assessments, logging of soil borings, subsurface soil sampling,
installation and sampling of monitoring wells, report & permit
preparation, and other activities, as required.
The Staff Environmental Engineer will be part of an experienced
team working on a variety of site investigation and remediation
projects and will generally perform the following duties:
- Execute environmental site assessments, including subsurface
soil and groundwater sampling, air monitoring, monitoring well
installation, soils logging, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of environmental investigation work
plans, reports, feasibility studies, etc.
- Subcontractor contracting, scheduling, and management of field
- Assist in remediation systems design, including in-situ
remedies, cover systems, water recovery and treatment, etc.
- Work closely with project teams and field personnel to complete
and review projects within scope, budget and schedule. Perform
project tasks and assignments within budgeted hours and
- All other duties assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering or related
engineering degree from an accredited program.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience required (6 years
preferred) completing environmental investigations, analyzing
investigation data, preparing environmental reports, etc.
- Previous consulting experience is a plus.
- Successful completion (i.e. passing) FE or EIT preferred.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training (and annual updates) is
- Experience with Phase I/II Environmental Site Assessments
and/or site investigations, collecting soil and groundwater
samples, logging soil borings, installing and developing monitoring
wells, data analysis is a plus.
- Previous task management responsibilities are a plus.
- Experience with and working knowledge of State and/or Federal
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to work
within a team framework.
- Self-motivation and the ability to multi-task (write reports,
analyze data, perform design tasks, etc.) are also a
Keywords: Burns & McDonnell, St. Louis , Staff Environmental Engineer - Remediation (St. Louis), Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!