At CLA we create inspired careers.
We recognize that not everyone wants to grow their career in the
same way. That's why CLA exists to create opportunities. We promise
to know you and help you.
This is why we've created our Director and Manager career paths!
These positions share the same level of seniority, but they allow
YOU to choose which path is right for you.
Director - If you love servicing existing client relationships
and want to grow your career without the pressure of having to
bring new client relationships into the firm, then this is the
opportunity for you!
Manager - This is a great path for those who have a passion for
servicing clients, want to build a book of business, and want to
advance into a principal role. If you love being an industry
professional, thrive when identifying business opportunities for
clients, and desire to be a principal, then this is the opportunity
CLA is looking to hire an Director or Manager for our growing
Real Estate Tax Practice in St. Louis, MO!
The Day to Day!:
- Manage and develop relationships with great clients.
- Assist clients with meeting their tax and financial planning
objectives by using a range of tools (including wealth transfer and
- Manage a normal book of business with traditional tax is for
Real Estate entities and owners
- Manage traditional tax compliance work and staff - particularly
- Research and draft technical tax memoranda on various tax
issues for clients.
- Review and sign a variety of tax returns and serve as a subject
matter expert when appropriate.
- Be creative with staff development, mentoring, and overseeing
client engagement teams.
What makes you a really attractive candidate?
- You love public accounting!
- Tax is your true passion, although certainly NOT your only
- You're pretty darn good at tax!
- You jump at the chance to help others, and you're ready to lead
a team of high-performing people.
- You're a little nuts about keeping up-to-date on the
ever-changing tax regulations and policies.
- You have a knack for solving issues and confidently bring
solutions to the table.
- You have experience with Opportunity Zones, New Market Tax
Credits and Historic/Rehabilitation Tax Credits (all are desired
but not required)
- In your bag of tricks you have a Bachelor's Degree in
accounting, finance, or a related field.
- You have an active CPA certification. A JD or EA may be
accepted in place of CPA certification.
- Minimum experience required: 6 years of experience serving in a
tax role with public accounting and/or professional services
Shortly after you apply you will receive an invitation with
additional information. CLA has partnered with Pymetrics to allow
you to showcase your potential and help us get to know you a little
better. The Pymetrics games take 20-30 minutes to complete and
there are no right or wrong answers - so we hope you have fun!
Following completion of the Pymetrics games, CLA will view the
Pymetrics results alongside other information as part of the
application review process.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients,
and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/