Site Lean Deployment Leader - St. Louis, MO
Company: GKN Aerospace
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: April 9, 2021
GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1
aerospace supplier. With 50--manufacturing locations in
15--countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine
manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace
systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft
ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest
passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world's
advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity GKN Aerospace is a global engineering
business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the
world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design,
manufacture and service systems and components for original
equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously
evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing
ones, stretching ourselves to be--better in everything we do. We
are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented
members with the skills and passions to become the best of the
future in what they do Job Summary The Site Lean Deployment Leader
ensures the effective functioning of the Lean Six Sigma
Transformation business plan. Identifies and eliminates waste and
non-value added activities through continuous improvement in all
products and services. Responsible for improving the business
through the involvement and empowerment of entire workforce.
-- Job Responsibilities
- This position acts as mentor to for other sites' Site Lean
Deployment Leaders within GKNs Advanced Defense Systems. This will
require up to 50% travel.
- Position reports to St. Louis Site Director, with a dotted line
to the President of the SSA.
- Performs a wide range of Continuous Improvement activities
including but not limited to: planning, facilitating, and
documenting Kaizen events, performing operating system process
audits, and coordinating cross-functional resources in support of
continuous improvement activities.
- Develops relationships within the CI function and across
functions to drive and inspire continuous improvement culture.
Operates as the "change agent" for the business.
- Acts as a trainer and mentor to develop CI skillset and thought
process within the organization at all levels to ensure an
effective Lean culture. Tracks and reports training progression of
- Performs extensive data collection and tracking including but
not limited to: WIP, labor productivity, rework, raw material
inventory, overtime, to identify and address CI opportunities.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a business
culture, which supports the Company's overall business objectives
and goals, by providing leadership in issues that involve "safety,
quality, delivery, cost, inventory and people".
- May liaise directly with the customer to mutually improve value
- Ensures the company's commitment to maintain a safe workplace
and to protect the environment through the establishment and
support of Company policy and adherence to various government
- Fully complies with the "GKN Aerospace, Inc. Policy Statement
on Contracting with the United States Government" in all areas of
responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the
United States Government.
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as
- Bachelor's degree (preferably Engineering: Industrial,
Manufacturing, Mechanical or Aerospace) or in lieu of a degree, 3+
additional years' experience or a combination of these.
- 3 years related Lean/Continuous Improvement experience within a
Lean operating environment.
- U.S. persons with ability to obtain a Department of Defense
Security Clearance Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working within Aerospace manufacturing facilities
including being familiar with industry business practices, quality
systems and OEM customer processes preferred.
- 2+ years of experience running Kaizen events (ideation to
execution and follow on coaching) preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in coaching and developing multiple
personnel levels on Lean concepts and thought process
- Experience implementing and sustaining a Lean operating system
in the pursuit of Operational Excellence.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, leadership, organizational,
negotiation and communication skills. Must display a high level of
maturity, sound judgment, and integrity.
- A progressive and strategic thinker, knowledgeable in
manufacturing and business principles to ensure strategic business
plan is met or exceeded, ensuring acceptable return on
- Active Secret Clearance preferred. Diversity Inclusion and
Belonging (DIB) As a global engineering company, innovation is what
differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our
success. A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring
new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different
backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark
originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the
world. GKN is an equal opportunity employer. We treat all our
employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that
there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or
qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color,
national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Keywords: GKN Aerospace, St. Louis , Site Lean Deployment Leader - St. Louis, MO, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!