Company: Kelly Services
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Kelly is hiring a Scientist I for one of our clients in St.
- pay: $25/hr
- Role: Temp.
- Duration: 6 months. Possibility to extend up to 1 year but no
- Position hours and days? M-F, --8:00 - 5:00, occasionally they
make be asked to support weekend work.
- Interview process: One phone interview.
- Required experience to be considered: --Experience with
documentation of laboratory work is a must. Experience with manual
pipetting is a must. Experience with DNA by qPCR and plate based
ELISA methods is highly preferred.Scientist I - Analytical and
Formulation SciencesPosition Summary:Provides routine analytical
method analyses in a biochemistry environment within defined
procedures and practices. Performs analyticalmethods for simple to
moderately complex testing on samples, stability, and production
intermediates to support process development and/ormanufacturing
operations.--May research and implement new methods and
technologies to enhance operations. Makes detailed observationsand
reviews, documents, and communicates test results.Essential
- Quantifying DNA by qPCR using automated extraction
- ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay), colorimetric and/or
kinetic enzyme activity assays, protein content assays (i.e.
Bradford, BCA, Lowry, etc.), biotinylation or protein conjugation
techniques. Use manual or electronic pipets (single and
- Conducts routine tasks and sample analyses to support process
- Clearly and accurately communicates the results of work by
creating documentation of the testing/analysis and obtained
results. Records results in notebook accurately, clearly, and
- Recognizes and reports unexpected results and non-routine
analytical and product problems; recommends solutions.
- Assists with preparing reports and test methods.
- Helps to maintain laboratory and order common supplies.
- Performs all duties in compliance with Standard Operating
Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory
Practices, and Safety guidelines.Maintains the necessary compliance
status required by company and facility standards.
- Ability to function in a rapidly changing environment and
balance multiple priorities moving from one project to another as
priorities change.Education:Bachelor's degree in Biochemistry,
Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or a related
field.Experience:0-2 years of experience related to pharmaceutical
manufacturing, process, development or academic laboratory.Other
- Adhere to OHS policies and procedures and ensure a safe and
healthy workplace environment
- Good foundation in general scientific practice, principles, and
concepts of discipline.
- Basic knowledge of GMP/GLP regulations in cGMP/cGLP
manufacturing environment preferred.
- Good lab skills.
- Good problem-solving and critical thinking skills.Effective
- Good MS Excel and Word skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to execute tasks and studies based on the
- Ability to analyze and summarize routine scientific data.
- Ability to properly document work and write reports.
- Ability to function in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to adhere to standards
procedures.--Physical Requirements:--Position requires ordinary
ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move
about office locations; ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel; arm,
hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp and type for
prolonged periods of time; visual acuity to use a keyboard,
computer monitor, operate equipment, and read materials for
prolonged periods of time; ability to sit, reach with hands and
arms, talk, and hear for prolonged periods of time. Stand up to 50%
daily. Walk within lab and between buildings daily. Repetitive hand
motions.----Why Kelly--?Kelly Science & Clinical is your connection
to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire
talented people just like you. Every day, we match science
professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and
interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100
percent of our science recruiters have a professional
background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about
the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly--At
Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job
seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In
fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional
workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and
tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work
and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we
do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of
workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world. Kelly is
an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse
workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females,
individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, St. Louis , Scientist I, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!