Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Exciting direct placement Controller opportunity for a client in
the St Louis area!Description:Manage financial statement,
accounting, and administrative aspects of the business. Provide
reliable financial and operational information necessary for
business decisions. Support Job Cost and Financial Accounting
efforts of 9+ related entities.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Review bank reconciliations.
- Help review and manage the cash accounts.
- Oversee employee cash advances.
- Complete month end intercompany reconciliations and journal
- Manage fixed assets and depreciation.
- Manage accounting of the inventory at manufacturing
- Oversee filing of annual, quarterly and monthly Use Tax and
Sales Tax Returns and Personal Property Tax declarations for
- Collect and provide information for annual insurance renewals
and annual insurance audits.
- Calculate labor cost rates and intercompany charge rates.
- Set up and facilitate monthly job cost projection meetings
including meeting notes and follow up with project teams.
- Review job cost reports and prepare monthly financial
statements resulting from job cost projections.
- Prepare and analyze monthly Financial Statements for the
- Assist with monthly financial reporting for owners - financial
statements, graphs, sales forecast, etc.
- Manage Payroll and AP deadlines.
- Oversee and research company-wide payroll tax, sales tax and
income tax compliance and provide recommendations and guidance on
- Review AP Open Payables (expense reports, purchase order
invoices, foreign vendor invoices, and company overhead
- Provide guidance and support to the Accounts Payable and
Accounts Receivable departments, and accounting questions in
general for all entities.
- Evaluate and make appropriate improvements to internal
- Prepare and oversee annual budgets.
- Collect and provide information for annual consolidated
financial review and tax prep.
- Collect and provide information for retirement plan audit and
Form 5500 filings.
- Manage and review preparation of quarterly and annual payroll
tax returns and year-end W2 Forms.
- Manage and review preparation and filing of year-end 1099
Forms.Skills:Accounting, reconciliation, manage, month end,
accounts payable, general ledgerAdditional Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Five years of "hands on" accounting experience is strongly
- Excellent problem solving.
- Excellent communication; both oral and written.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Requires a strong ability to multi-task and flexibility to
learn and accept other duties.
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and
- Strong math skills and confidence when working with
- Excellent computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of
Microsoft Windows based programs.
- Prior experience with Viewpoint Construction Software is a
plus. About Aston Carter:Aston Carter is a distinguished global
provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies
requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of
Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled
commitment to delivering first class service to clients and
business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including
Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance.
With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North
America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise
to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter
is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of
Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.The company is an
equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications
without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national
origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by
Keywords: Aerotek, St. Louis , Controller, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!