Research and Development Scientist
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 22, 2020
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery:
our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays
through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science
and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the
world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and
vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a
business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma is building a new Novel Modalities R&D
department to support cutting edge APIs in the pharma industry.
With this new team, we will develop and provide the manufacturing
platform for life saving drugs.
We are hiring a Scientist for our newly created Novel Modalities
R&D organization. Reporting to the Head of Novel Modalities
R&D the Scientist will develop innovative manufacturing
technologies or analytical methods for antibody drug conjugates
(ADC) or RNA lipid nanoparticles (LNP).
* Develop manufacturing technologies or analytical methods for
bioconjugates (ADC) or RNA LNP
* Understand challenges in the contract manufacturing industry and
work to ensure MilliporeSigma is on the cutting edge of
bioconjugation or liposomes
* Keep updated on product and industry knowledge and
"best-in-class" manufacturing and analytical technologies
* Demonstrate attention to detail in the execution and
documentation of experimental work
* Establish a team-based approach with other internal
* Provide timely and comprehensive written and oral communications
to the team
Who You Are:
* Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering,
Biochemistry, Biology or other Scientific discipline with 3+ years
* 2+ year of R&D experience
* 2+ years' experience of preparation process or analytical
techniques for protein purification, or bioconjugates, or
* PhD or Master's degree with 1+ years of ADC or RNA LNP industry
* Working experience in cGMP/GLP, knowledgeable about ICH and FDA
* Hands on experience in analytical method development for
Analytical Scientist, or hands on experience in scale-up to
manufacturing process for Process Scientist
* Experience with gene therapeutic is a plus
* Knowledge of process or analytical techniques in molecular
biology is a plus.
* PAT and Automation (medium to high throughput) experience in
analytical is highly desirable
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new
ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse
businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We
trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your
own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and
priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No
employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against
on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or
veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender
status, marital status, or any other classification protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal
Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs
relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation,
benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and
conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes
they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone
acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their
Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately.
The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they
made a good faith report of discrimination.
Keywords: MilliporeSigma, St. Louis , Research and Development Scientist, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!