Now offering a $1,000 sign-on bonus and $500 employee referral
Join the First Student team as a Diesel Technician!
Our First Student facility in St. Louis, MO needs a reliable
Diesel Mechanic with 3-5 years of hands-on diesel or gas vehicle
experience. Our mid-level mechanics will concentrate on brake
repairs, light engine work and some diagnostics. Mid-level Diesel
Mechanics must be properly certified and licensed as well as have
the experience necessary to provide our customers with optimal
service. We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.
What we offer:
* $1,000 sign-on bonus and $500 employee referral bonus!
(Conditions apply. Valid 10/21/2020-12/31/2020)
* $18.50-$24/hour based on experience (+ ASE certification
* Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, & Vision,
401k and Paid Time Off!
* Tool Allowance
* Paid Training (Class B CDL & ASE Certifications)
* A great work environment!
Diesel Fleet Technician Job Duties Include:
* Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings,
and other important parts.
* Identify and report potentially dangerous equipment and
additional repairs needed.
* Maintain a safe, clean, productive and efficient work
* Perform Service Calls and on the road repairs; as
* Perform routine and preventative maintenance.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
Diesel Fleet Technician Job Qualifications:
* 3+ years hands-on diesel/gas engine maintenance experience
(vocational training a plus!)
* Ability to perform inspections/diagnostics with minimal
* Meet minimum age requirement: 18 years of age.
* Subject to pre-employment background check and drug screen
* Must have own set of mechanic's tools.
* Computer proficiency.
Diesel Fleet Technician Required License/Certifications:
* Valid Drivers License, Class B CDL (preferred; but not
* ASE Certifications (preferred; but not required)
At First Student, associates are offered the opportunity to grow
personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a
dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds
their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working
individuals like you to join our team. Come grow with us and let us
show you why First Student, should be your FIRST choice.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status.