Associate Scientist - Quality Control
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 21, 2020
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery:
our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays
through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science
and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the
world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and
vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a
business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization.
External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Associate Scientist will evaluate products
according to established protocols, provide technical support to
others, and perform operations in support of the group and
* Perform operations, ensuring quality expectations are met
throughout the process.
* Perform routine assays, processes and/or unit operations.
* Complete the volume of work required to achieve
group/departmental goals and meet deadlines.
* Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain
equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste
* Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the
attention of supervisor.
* Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality
* Ensure all applicable log books have been filled out completely
as required by current procedures.
* Interact with other departments as needed.
* Participate as needed in quality audits.
* Improve processes through application of scientific knowledge,
experience, and principles in compliance with change control
* Identify opportunities for process improvement and participate in
process improvements under the guidance of a Supervisor or
* Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions.
* Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and
* Supply information based on experience and knowledge.
* Wear personal protective equipment such as a respirator or
chemical protective clothing.
* Lift and / or push up to 80 pounds.
Who You Are:
* Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology,
Microbiology or related Life Science discipline OR High School
Diploma or GED equivalent with 3+ years of working in a laboratory
environment within the life sciences industry
* 1+ year of independent lab experience
* Ability to manage Process
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new
ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse
businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We
trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your
own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and
priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No
employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against
on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or
veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender
status, marital status, or any other classification protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal
Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs
relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation,
benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and
conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes
they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone
acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their
Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately.
The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they
made a good faith report of discrimination.
Keywords: MilliporeSigma, St. Louis , Associate Scientist - Quality Control, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!