Company: Shelter Insurance
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: March 28, 2020
A company built to serve you. It's your career, Shelter it!The
Claims Assistant performs general administrative duties for Branch
Claims Office personnel such as keyboarding, filing, record
keeping, preparing reports, inventorying and ordering supplies,
handling telephone duties and serving as the office receptionist.
Performs any other related duties necessary to ensure the Branch is
functioning efficiently. Requires the ability to perform the
essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable
accommodation. Due to the duties and responsibilities of this
position, Consumer Reports will be run on final candidates.
Minimum starting pay: $14.08/hourIf interested, please apply
- Opens, date stamps, sorts and distributes incoming mail.
Matches mail with files or faxes documents to Imaging Center to
attach to electronic files.
- Maintains and updates records, spreadsheets and logs as
assigned. Completes check requests for branch-related bills.
Compiles statistics to assist Branch management in preparing
reports. Manages various filing systems to ensure compliance with
record keeping guidelines.
- Performs receptionist duties such as greeting and assisting
visitors and guiding them to the appropriate branch personnel.
Answers incoming phone calls and records messages or forwards call
to appropriate person. Oversees phone messaging system and
- Performs various duties relating to claim files including
setting up file, maintaining file documentation and closing file at
appropriate time. Sorts and prepares file for storage. Coordinates
and organizes claims files for transmittal to Home Office when
- Orders, organizes and inventories office supplies. Assists
Branch Claims Manager with facility maintenance and arranges for
equipment servicing as needed.
- Performs administrative work for Adjusters and Branch Claims
Supervisors, including ordering medical and police reports,
briefing files, preparing claim drafts, forwarding files to other
offices, preparing files for subrogation and salvage, and typing
- Trains newly hired Claims Assistants. Maintains an instruction
manual for Claims Assistant job responsibilities.
- Serves as administrative support for Catastrophe Storm Team
which often requires travel away from home for an extended period
- Proficient at operating all regular office equipment, including
but not limited to calculators, copiers, fax machines, computers,
printers and telephone systems.
- Performs other related duties as requested by the Branch Claims
Supervisor or Branch Claims Manager.
- Essential Duties as described in this document are general in
nature and should not be construed as encompassing all duties
and/or functions of this job.
- Superior administrative office skills.
- Must demonstrate an aptitude for learning additional computer
- Good communication skills and effective telephone manner.
- Requires good math skills and ability to use adding machine or
calculator with accuracy.
- Ability to accept supervision, follow instructions and work in
a harmonious manner with co-workers and supervisors.
- Must have an excellent attendance record and be proficient at
performing branch administrative office functions.
- General educational background at high school level, or
vocational equivalent, demonstrating above average performance in
English, math, typing, and business machines courses.
- Enrollment or participation in continuing education for
administrative or insurance related subjects.
- Above average knowledge, understanding, and usage of all
computer system functions.
- Works under general supervision and exercises a moderate level
of discretion in performing duties of the position.
- Accountable for performing assigned duties accurately and
efficiently and in accordance with established company policies and
- Responsible for handling sensitive and confidential matters and
- Ability to keep a steady work schedule with regular,
predictable attendance to ensure steady work flow and minimal
disruption to department schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job, with or
without a reasonable accommodation.
Keywords: Shelter Insurance, St. Louis , Claims Assistant, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!