FBI Special Agent: Law/Legal
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Use your law and legal background to become an FBI Special
Agent!FBI Special Agents apply their professional expertise and
unique skill sets to their work and role every day. Special Agents
come from many backgrounds including legal/criminal investigation,
advising on law enforcement and intelligence operations,
investigations and policies. Your expertise could apply to matters
of national security, personnel, litigation and support,
administrative, investigative, technology, contract law,
information law, legal instruction, counterterrorism,
counterintelligence, cyber matters and foreign intelligence. You
can expect continued specialized training once onboard and
opportunities to work on some of the Bureau's most complex cases.
The scope and scale of our investigations provide unique challenges
unlike anything you could work on in the private sector. SALARY
LEVEL Pay level for this position:
- $78,000.00 - $153,000.00 Salary is commensurate to experience
and location. DUTIESCandidates must:
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct.
- Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and
a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented
Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Pass all physical fitness requirements; must be physically fit
to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and
maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to,
meeting visual and hearing standards.
- Successfully complete approximately 19 weeks of employment as a
Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy at
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer
to one of the FBI's 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto
Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the
needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing
office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared
for and support this move.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty
assignments anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include
irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and
- Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search
warrants, raids and similar assignments.In addition, all Special
Agent candidates must successfully complete the Special Agent
Selection System (SASS), a mentally and physically challenging
process designed to find only the most capable applicants. The
selection process typically takes one year or more to complete. KEY
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th
birthday on appointment.
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret SCI Clearance.
- Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see
work experience waiver for exceptions).
- Meet the FBI's Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Possess a valid driver's license with at least six months
driving experience. EDUCATION
- Candidates must have a bachelor's degree or JD degree
(preferably in a related legal field) from a U.S.-accredited
college or university. All degrees must be from an accredited
college or university and must be verified by submitting college
Keywords: Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), St. Louis , FBI Special Agent: Law/Legal, Legal , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!