Lead Oracle DBA
Company: Technosmarts Inc
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: December 10, 2018
W2 ONLY. NO CORP-CORP/3RD PARTY CANDIDATES. VISA TRANSFER/GREEN CARD SPONSORSHIP NOT PROVIDED. MUST BE VISA AND EAD INDEPENDANT. Role:
- Supervise logical and physical database design and maintenance for Oracle, and/or stored procedures.
- Provide technical direction to development teams and assist less experienced administrators in problem resolution.
- Act as a liaison to infrastructure support staff to schedule and test database software upgrades, rollouts, and troubleshooting.
- Interact with client entities such as FRIT, COPS, GCS, BOGs, other FRBs, and vendors to represent the national IT database function.
- Present updated status reports to managers and supervisors.
- Coach and review the work of less experienced administrators and identify further training needs.
- Collaborate and play a leadership role in project teams.
- Engineer Oracle infrastructure to meet performance, security, high availability and other requirements.
- Maintain multiple environments in development and co-ordinate with test and production rollout.
- Design, architect, and build cloud based data platforms.
- Evaluate business requirements to planning and deploying test and production systems.
- Interact with business analysts, architects and developers to ensure the overall infrastructure design of business applications meets requirements of performance, security and high availability.
- Perform operational DBA duties in a large-scale, complex environment. These will include patching, environments cloning, database upgrades, implementing backup and monitoring procedures.
- Analyze performance issues in the infrastructure, application, and database tiers. Assist developers with performance tuning.
- Perform audit vulnerabilities check and make recommendation and implement remediation. Institutionalize remediation process.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with a major or specialized courses in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or commensurate experience
- 10+ years' experience in database administration of complex systems using Oracle 11g/12c.
- Database development - PL/SQL, procedures, triggers, data migration, scripting, etc.
- 5+ years cumulative experience in a formal Software Development Life Cycle, preferably Waterfall, RAD or Agile.
- Experience in implementing Oracle and other databases in cloud environment and managing multiple instances.
- Knowledge of source control software.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work within matrixed teams.
- ETL tool development a plus.
- Travel potential up to 5%. - provided by Dice 10+ Years Oracle Database Adminsitration - 12c, Database Development, Cloud Platform Design/Implementation, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures
Keywords: Technosmarts Inc, St. Louis , Lead Oracle DBA, IT / Software / Systems , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!