Software Product Quality Engineer
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 16, 2018
Saint Louis,Missouri,United States 6J7BP4 The Software Product Quality Engineer role requires an understanding of the big picture and the program environment in which you work. You will be part of a team of highly motivated Engineers supporting complex avionics, weapons, and simulation projects for development and production programs in Boeing Defense, Space and Security. Responsibilities:
- You will actively participate in project activities, gathering needed inputs about project issues, schedules, and plans.
- Verify software life cycle activities and products comply with approved software processes, plans and standards
- You will act as an independent set of eyes and ears for Program Managers and the customer, highlighting potential best practices on the team, as well as areas for improvement.
- Verify that product testing is done to meet product requirements,
- Support Root Cause Corrective Actions (RCCAs), and defect prevention.
- Generate and analyze software metrics.
- Participate in development of Supplier Statements of Work (SSOWs), and perform supplier oversight and evaluation throughout the suppliers Software Development Lifecycle. To be successful in this role you will need to dig in and understand the products you support, and the tools and processes used by your teams. Additionally you should have a broad background that allows you to understand the software development, processes and tools, as well as the organizations Quality requirements. Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills are critical for this role. Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Basic Qualifications (Required):
- The ability to obtain an interim US Security clearance prior to starting
- Experience with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and typical software development processes Desired Qualifications/Experience:
- Prior software development experience
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems (QMS) and Boeings BQMS specifically
- Familiarity with ISO 9100/9115
- Previous exposure to CMMI or DO-178 requirements
- Prior engineering experience
- Knowledge of aircraft and weapons products Typical Education/Experience: Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Yes, 10 % of the Time SSM Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company
Keywords: Boeing, St. Louis , Software Product Quality Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!