Security Computer and Forensics Investigator
Company: Leidos Inc
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Description Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN
HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work
made a difference? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to
work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by
Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the
World's Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don't want
to overlook. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the
right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We
embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. Leidos
is seeking a Computer and Network Security Investigator to conduct
administrative investigations (i.e. computer misuse, unauthorized
disclosures of sensitive or classified information, mishandling
sensitive or classified information, etc.), provide computer and
network forensic analysis support to SII and Agency investigators,
and directly support the NGA Cyber Security Operations Cell (CSOC)
during responses to computer and network security incidents.Primary
- Investigate suspected instances of fraud, waste and abuse, data
spills, and network penetrations.
- Investigate and eradicate computer viruses and malicious
- Provide computer incident and violation response support, and
cyber security awareness and training.
- Participate in technical meetings and working groups to address
issues related to computer security and vulnerabilities.
- Develop and deliver reports and briefings.
- Evaluate system and program security vulnerabilities; develop
procedures and countermeasures that protect operations.
- Incorporate all security disciplines; recommend and develop
requirements, specifications, designs, and procedures that satisfy
program security policy and planning guidance.
- Monitor implementation of security requirements for Government
and Industry facilities and systems.
- Forensic: uses a variety of forensics and intrusion detection
tools to conduct forensic examination activities including
assisting in the analysis of various types of networks, computer
and technology devices which may contain digital evidence.
- Provide computer incident and violation response support and
will participate in technical meetings and working groups to
address issues related to computer security, protection against
malware, and other vulnerabilities.
- Investigate alerts identified by various security appliances
and review audit logs to determine if an incident has
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Poly
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related science field
- Minimum 7 years of technical experience working in a
- Knowledge in the proper use of computer forensics and security
- Experience conducting network-based incident
- Experience with software toolsets to include EnCase Forensics
and EnCase Enterprise and demonstrated understanding of
client/server architecture and TCP/IP protocols.
- Knowledge of modern Windows Server platforms and desktop
- Experience maintaining "chain of custody" by following standard
rules of digital evidence.
- In-depth working knowledge in DOD and IC intelligence
- Familiarity with intelligence oversight principles, superior
writing, and briefing skills and capable of providing polished
analysis documentation.Preferred Qualifications:
- Have an understanding of how various attacks work at the memory
and register level
- Experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems and various
programming and scripting languages are desired
- Experience utilizing Microsoft SQL server, BindView and
- Proficiency using MS-Office tool suite is desired, as is
knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suite applications and uses
- Prior experience with network intrusion
- Experience authoring and executing plans and programs at the
headquarters or agency level is beneficial.This position has a
target range for compensation of $80,000 - $90,000. This is a firm
fixed price contract and does not allow for negotiations outside of
this target range.Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $141,000.00The
Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline onlyand
not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors
considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to)
responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge,
skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with
market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other
Keywords: Leidos Inc, St. Louis , Security Computer and Forensics Investigator , IT / Software / Systems , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!