Geospatial Software Engineer
Company: TECHNOLOGY PARTNERS INC
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 26, 2023
For more information on COVID-19 and how we are responding,
click here . Technology Partners is currently seeking a talented
Geospatial Software Engineer (147807). Do you have experience with
Python, Java and Go? Let us help you make your next big career move
a reality!What You Will Be Doing:
The Geospatial Software Engineer will be involved in the design of
big data solutions that leverage open source and cloud-based
solutions within the Location360 enterprise initiative and will
work with multiple teams across the organization (i.e. cloud
analytics, data architects, business groups). The software engineer
will participate in the building of large-scale data processing
systems and APIs and should be able to work with the latest
open-source technologies.Required Skills & Experience:
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant job experience.
- Minimum of 2-year experience with Python, Java, Go, or similar
- Experience developing HTTP APIs (REST and/or GraphQL) that
serve up data in an open source technology, preferably in a cloud
- Ability to build and maintain modern cloud architecture, e.g.
AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Experience working with PostgreSQL/PostGIS.
- Experience with code versioning and dependency management
systems such as GitHub, SVT, and Maven.
- Proven success utilizing Docker to build and deploy within a
CI/CD Environment, preferably using Kubernetes.Desired Skills &
- MSc in Computer Science or related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of open-source geospatial solutions like
GeoServer, GeoTrellis, GeoMesa.
- Experience with stream processing, e.g. Kafka.
- Highly proficient (4 years) in GoLang
- Experience working with customers/other developers to deliver
full-stack development solutions e.g collect software, data, and
timeline requirements in an Agile environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of agriculture and/or
- Experience implementing complex data projects with a focus on
collecting, parsing, managing, and delivery of large sets of data
to turn information into insights using multiple platforms.
- Demonstrated experience adapting to new technologies.
- Capable to decide on the needed hardware and software design
needs and act according to the decisions. The big data engineer
should be able to develop prototypes and proof of concepts for the
- Experience with object-oriented design, coding and testing
patterns as well as experience in engineering (commercial or open
source) software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures
should be present.
- Experience creating cloud computing solutions and web
applications leveraging public and private API's.
- Proven experience (2 years) with distributed systems, e.g.
Argo, Kubernetes, Spark, distributed databases, grid
- Proficient (4+ years) working in a Command Line Interface
system e.g Docker, Argo, K8s, AWS CLI, GCloud, pSQL, SSHWe are
interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in
the United States. However, we are not able to provide sponsorship
at this time or accept candidates who would require a corp-to-corp
agreement.If this position sounds like you, WE SHOULD TALK!We
realize our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we
offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Long and Short-Term disability
- Life insurance
- Referral programYour better future is ready, and we want to put
the right tools in your hands to get you there. Let's go!Technology
Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Technology Partners does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic
protected by applicable state or federal civil rights laws.Share
this Job!Apply Now! First Name Last Name Email Address ZIP/Postal
Code Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
- No Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for
employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status)?
- No Will you be working through another firm as a subcontractor?
- No Willing to Relocate (if needed)
- No Upload Resume Attach a resume file. Accepted file types are
DOC, DOCX, PDF, HTML, and TXT.
- By submitting this application, you give us permission to store
your information and use it in consideration of your match for the
position, as well as to send updates on new opportunities. People
looking for jobs should not put anything here. Know someone who you
think would be a great fit for Technology Partners or one of our
many clients? Send them our way! We provide IT solutions that are
flexible, scalable, cost-effective, efficient, and productive. Let
us be the clear partner of choice for your IT needs.
Keywords: TECHNOLOGY PARTNERS INC, St. Louis , Geospatial Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...