Company: Karpel Computer Systems Inc.
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: March 18, 2023
JOB TITLE: System Administrator EMPLOYER: Karpel Solutions
DEPARTMENT: IT REPORTS TO: Director of Technology EFFECTIVE DATE:
Click here to enter a date. SUMMARY: The System Administrators job
is providing technical assistance and support related to computer
systems, hardware, or software. To respond to queries, run
diagnostic programs, isolate problem, determine and implement
solutions. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries
and issues related to computer systems, software, and
- Maintain daily performance of network systems.
- Respond to email messages for customers seeking help.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and
- Clean up computers.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide
Area Networks (WAN), Microsoft 365, Azure, SharePoint, Intune,
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been
- Work daily to create an exceptional experience for all who
contact the Help desk.
- Assist with various phone (LAN and Mobile) issues.
- Track support incidents using IT Ticketing System.
- Identify trends and propose solutions that head-off recurring
and future issues.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Technology.
- Knowledge of computer systems, networking, computer components,
LAN, browsers, mobile devices, and a comfort level with
troubleshooting these topics patiently over the telephone.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting Microsoft 365, Azure AD, Intune,
MFA, Active Directory, Spam filtering, Virus remediation, Phishing
remediation, Desktop and Server Patching and SharePoint.
- Ability to clearly communicate highly complex matters and
concepts to a target audience and forum.
- Team player with the ability to conduct work with utmost
confidentiality and professionalism.
- Ability to close 15 to 20 trouble tickets per day.
- Excellent communication skills with a customer service
orientation and an ability to work well with all levels of the
- Able to manage, resolve and/or escalate areas of conflict with
- Able to demonstrate professional and empathetic behavior in the
resolution of both routine and complex customer problems.
- Manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced,
highly technical environment.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Ability to travel once or twice a year.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail. Desired Certifications:
- Microsoft Office 365 - Modern Desktop Administrator
- Microsoft Office 365 - Identity and Services
- Microsoft Office 365 - Mobility and Security
- Microsoft Office 365 - Security Administrator Associate
- Any MCP or MCSA in Server 2016, 2019, 2022
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Server+, Cloud+, Security+ COMPETENCIES:
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect
and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the
value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds
a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments;
Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically;
Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit
the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information;
Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to
complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time;
Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at
meetings and appointments on time.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of
decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates
knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer
feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and
assistance; Meets commitments.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments;
Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development
activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent
actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of
opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets
challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for
improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents
ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not
blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without
interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others'
ideas and tries new things.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits
sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for
decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process;
Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates
persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard
of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification;
Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills;
Participates in meetings.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures;
Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports
organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through
outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops
alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving
situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for
own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in
timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve
organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths &
weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external
threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities;
Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and
welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and
group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's
efforts to succeed.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to
continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits
work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs;
Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret
written information. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to stand
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to walk
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to sit
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to utilize hand
and finger dexterity
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to climb, balance,
bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- Occasionally/Frequently/Continually required to talk or hear
Monday - Friday 10a - 7p CSTMonday - Friday 8a - 5pm
Keywords: Karpel Computer Systems Inc., St. Louis , Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...