Senior Software Engineer (USA Remote)
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: August 7, 2022
100% REMOTE (Must be U.S. based)
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a
recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than
20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to
promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas
and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions,
publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by
Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin
Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea,
Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine, the United
Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues
are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in
education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be part of the Core-Cap
team. This team develops and maintains critical shared services
which provide backbone to the integrity suite of applications. In
this role you will be required to be a hands-on backend developer.
You will be primarily responsible for analyzing requirements,
brainstorming ideas and software design and carrying out the
development work. You will be expected to consider aspects like
performance, scalability, latency, cost effectiveness and efficient
memory management when developing features. Ability to work across
cross-functional teams, partner with Architects, collaborate with
Product Managers and other leads and mentor junior developers is
Essential Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge/Experience:
- 5+ years experience writing robust web/SaaS applications in
Java with Spring Framework (Spring Boot, Spring MVC,
Angular, Ember, etc.
- Strong knowledge of functional programming and object-oriented
design and implementation, and RESTful API design and
- Extensive experience with software development best practices
(e.g. design patterns, test-driven development, code profiling,
- Practical experience in cloud technologies and frameworks (we
use AWS and its native services such as RDS, SQS, SNS, S3
- Experience working with relational databases (we use Postgres)
and Caching systems (we use Redis).
- Experience with container and clustering technologies (we use
- Experience with CI/CD tools (we use Jenkins)
- Ability to balance working on multiple priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and
- Experience in working within an Agile model (particularly
Preferred -Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge/Experience:
- Experience with AI/ML and Python
- Experience with Cloud Native development within a serverless
architecture (AWS preferably)
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and
meaningfully improve learning outcomes. -Our Values underpin
everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity
and improve learning outcomes by -putting educators and learners at
the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are
constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables
them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin.
It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we
work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower
teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate
effectively, and celebrate each other's successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace
diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact
-Seeing Beyond the Job AdAt Turnitin, we recognize it's unrealistic
for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. -We
encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements
because we know that skills evolve over time. If you're willing to
learn and evolve alongside us, join our team! -Turnitin, LLC is
committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its
programs, facilities and employment. - All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Turnitin, St. Louis , Senior Software Engineer (USA Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!