Android Software Engineer - Remote
Company: World Wide Technology
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The following knowledge skills and attributes are required:
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience with native
Android application development in Java or Kotlin using the Android
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with the automated build process (continuous
integration), unit testing, source code analysis tools, and source
code version control tools.
- Understanding of Android publishing processes (Gradle build
scripts, signing certificates, Android App Bundles, etc.).
- Ability to work in an agile environment.
- Proven ability to produce quality documents using a variety of
media, text, and tools with a minimum of errors.
- Ability to communicate clearly with team members and
- Be willing to work on a variety of project types (Desktop, Web,
Swift, Erlang, Python, etc.) as needed.
- Able to support occasional travel ( less than 10% ) in support
of project-related activities or training. Additional travel may be
required for new hires for employee onboarding activities. Travel
is most often to client sites or to our facilities.The following
knowledge skills and attributes are preferred:
- Passionate about delivering a high-quality user
- Released Android applications in the Google Play Store.
- Expert level knowledge of Java.
- Experience with Kotlin.
- Familiarity with modern Android development & libraries
(RxJava, Dagger 2, etc.).
- Familiarity with web technologies, HTML, and web scripting
- Experience with adding accessibility to end-user
- Ability to give and receive coaching . A central part of living
our core values is our environment of safe, timely, and direct
feedback. We require and coach our employees on how to provide
constructive and critical feedback to their peers, reports, and
leadership. This can take on many forms; written, verbal, in a
group setting, and one on one, and can involve topics ranging from
job performance and leadership effectiveness to root cause
analysis, communication, and integrity. While not always
comfortable, we see the ability to give and receive feedback in a
safe environment as a job requirement common across all practices
and roles, and a vital aspect of our culture and continuous
- Possesses a high level of Integrity. Acts ethically and is
above reproach. Builds trust through their honesty, reliability,
and authenticity. Possesses a strong concern for the needs of
his/her colleagues. Takes tough principled stands even if they are
unpopular. Meets commitments and keeps promises.
- Demonstrates Self-control . Manages his/her impulsive feelings
and distressing emotions and operates without any personal agenda.
Stays composed, positive and unflappable even in trying moments.
Thinks clearly and stays composed and focused under pressure.
- Must be Flexible. Smoothly handles multiple demands, shifting
priorities, and rapid change. Is able to work collaboratively to
get things done. Proactively seeks the advice and suggestions of
peers, subordinates, and superiors. Adapts strategies and tactics
to fit fluid circumstances. Is flexible in how he/she sees
- Is Optimistic. Demonstrates a positive mental attitude.
Persists in seeking goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Operates
from a hope of success rather than a fear of failure. Sees setbacks
as due to manageable circumstances rather than a personal
- Continuously Develops Others. Committed to the continuous
process of education and development of self and colleagues.
Acknowledges people's strengths and accomplishments. Offers useful
feedback and helps to identify others' needs for future growth and
improvement. Mentors and gives timely coaching that fosters an
- Able to Intuitively Understand the way people think and work.
Understand the forces that shape the views and actions of clients,
customers, or competitors. Accurately reads an organizational and
- Models Leadership qualities. Articulates and arouses enthusiasm
for a shared vision and mission. Leads by example.
- Is a catalyst for Change. Recognizes the need for change and
removes barriers. Challenges the status quo to acknowledge the need
for change. Champions the change and enlists others in its
- Fosters Excellence in Communication. Is effective in
give-and-take, registering emotional cues in attuning their
message. Deals with difficult issues straightforwardly. Listens
well; seeks mutual understanding and welcomes the sharing of
information fully. Fosters open communication and stays receptive
to bad news as well as good.Benefits:The well-being of WWT
employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package,
WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all
- Health and Wellbeing: Heath, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite
Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan
with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave,
Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal,
Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
- Visit our company web page at wwt.com for more information.WWT
has a vaccine requirement for all of its U.S. workforce. All new
hires must be fully vaccinated before starting at WWT. Appropriate
religious and medical accommodations will be made and can be
discussed in the pre-hire process.WWT D&I Statement:Diversity,
Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the
foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines,
we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We
believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!Equal Opportunity
Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/ Individuals with
DisabilitiesWorksite Location: Remote, U.S.A.Compensation: This
position offers a base salary of $90,000 - $140,000. Specifics will
vary depending on skills, qualifications, education, and geographic
location.WWT will consider for employment, without regard to
disability, a disabled applicant who satisfies the requisite skill,
experience, education, and other job-related requirements of the
job and is capable of performing the essential requirements of the
job with or without reasonable accommodation. World Wide Technology
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other
characteristics protected by law. We are committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you have a disability and you believe you need a
reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to
submit an online application, please call 1-800-432-7008 and ask
for Human Resources.WWT will consider for employment, without
regard to disability, a disabled applicant who satisfies the
requisite skill, experience, education, and other job-related
requirements of the job and is capable of performing the essential
requirements of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
World Wide Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment
decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic
information, or other characteristics protected by law. We are
committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations
to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and you
believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for
a job opening or to submit an online application, please call
1-800-432-7008 and ask for Human Resources.
Keywords: World Wide Technology, St. Louis , Android Software Engineer - Remote, IT / Software / Systems , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!