Career Opportunities: Regulatory Specialist / Database Librarian
Company: American Water Company
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is
vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an
environment where differences are embraced and where every person
feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water (NYSE:AWK) is
the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded
water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than
6,400 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and
regulated-like drinking water and wastewater services to more than
14 million people in 24 states. American Water provides safe,
clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to
help keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit
amwater.com and diversityataw.com. Follow American Water on
Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for American Water to evaluate decisions
about new regulations, reintegration, and safe operating practices,
all employees are required to report their vaccination status.
The Regulatory Specialist will support the Corporate Regulatory
team (Regulatory Services and Regulatory Counsel) onregulatory
matters, including assisting with regulatory reporting, regulatory
research, regulatory presentations, and database management.
* Develop and maintain a SharePoint database to house and manage
regulatory proceedings for each state, including administration of
security and access rights, customization of site, creation and
maintenance of templates (e.g.,libraries, document sets, workflow,
etc.), management of metadata and overall site management and
upkeep to ensure consistency across state regulatory sites.
* Train and work with regulatory services, paralegals, functional
groups such as regulatory services, state subsidiary and divisional
rate leads and other stakeholders throughout the business to ensure
efficient and effective use of SharePoint for managing regulatory
* Assist in coordinating data request information in rate cases,
management audits, and other regulatory proceedings(e.g.,
financings, acquisitions, etc.) to ensure integrity of information,
consistency, and timeliness of responses regarding national issues.
Prepare draft responses to questions, research, locate and organize
requests for financial information.
* Develop and maintain other databases such as document management
and matter management systems.
* Work with regulatory services, corporate counsel, state rate
leaders and state legal counsel to develop and update regulatory
* Assist with presentation development that regulatory services
personnel provide to internal and external stakeholders.
* Assist in the evaluation of processes for purposes of developing
process improvements, including the development of supportive
technology and applications, as appropriate.
* Provide other support to regulatory services and regulatory
counsel, as requested from time to time.
* Familiarity with current trends, best practices and emerging
issues in metadata, digitization and automation
* Audit, review and analyze basic business and financial
* Proficiency in all Microsoft office programs including Outlook,
Word, Excel and PowerPoint
* Strong project management skills with ability to manage multiple
projects simultaneously and to consistently meet deadlines with
high-quality work product in a fast-paced environment
* Superior organizational/planning skills
* Proactive with strong initiative and superior attention to
* Ability to interact effectively with all areas and levels of the
* Flexible and a team player who works well in a collegial
* 5 years of relevant experience in database development,
organization and management or regulatory matters preferred.
* Bachelor's degree. Paralegal certification is a plus.
* Strong research and writing skills
* Knowledge and "power user" skill set for SharePoint 2010 and
* Professional understanding and knowledge of various metadata
* Occasional travel may be required to support workshops,
functional/team meetings and regulatory proceedings; up to 10%.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and
applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion,
marital status, citizenship, or because they are an individual with
a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by
federal, state, and local laws.
Keywords: American Water Company, St. Louis , Career Opportunities: Regulatory Specialist / Database Librarian, IT / Software / Systems , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!