Senior Technical Support Engineer (Remote)
Company: Minerva Networks
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Location: REMOTE, work from home.
- Must be located in one of these time zones: Alaska (AK), Hawaii
(HST), or Pacific (PST), as the working hours for this position are
Monday through Friday from 11:00 am - 8:00 pm PST.Job
Responsibilities:Note: Additional duties and responsibilities may
be added over time
- Review Support queue for stuck or complex support tickets to
provide support or take over the ticket(s). Monitor and provide
Support Engineers technical expertise, guidance and instruct them
on best practices for resolving issues.
- Answer Technical Support team members' questions and provide
advice on technical issues.
- Support Technical Support team through hands-on management of
- Serves as an escalation contact for Support to manage critical
customer issues. Investigating, diagnosing and resolving tickets.
Facilitate communication between Service Providers, Sales, and
Engineering. Help them gain a good understanding of the technical
issues and the paths towards resolution.
- Escalate individual cases as needed with Engineering and
Product Management to resolve issues in a timely and effective
- Work with the Director of Services to identify product trends
and communicate to Product and Engineering clear and actionable
recommendations towards product improvement (Bugs and Features).
Review bug backlog to ensure proper priority.
- Determine training criteria for on-boarding new Support
Engineers. Deliver technical training and knowledge transfer
sessions to enable Support members to provide technical
- Oversee and helps to maintain knowledge base (aka knowledge
base articles) by documenting known errors, workarounds,
procedures, and application specific information.
- Create and send Minerva Networks Service Advisories as
- This job involves on-call responsibility 24/7 to cover the time
outside business hours with a frequency of about 1 week every 2
- Ability to travel up to 10% Required Skills &
Abilities:Technical Skills:The Senior Engineer must be at a high
level of technical expertise with the Minerva product line and the
underlying technologies, capable of troubleshooting complex
technical issues, interfacing with Engineering and QA teams to
resolve customer issues quickly.Technical proficiency in Linux,
SQL, MySQL and Oracle databases, web services and IP networking
required. Familiarity with microservices architecture, Kubernetes,
and Docker a plus. Previous experience with video streaming, HLS
and DASH, Origin servers, Digital Rights Management, and video
applications is preferred.Communication Skills:Communication skills
are a must have for this position, both written and verbal.
- When interfacing with customers, the Senior Engineer manages
the communication with escalated customers, inspiring confidence
that progress is being made and that the highest priority issues
are being addressed.
- When communicating with other departments within Minerva, the
Senior Engineer smooths the flow of information from customer to
technical departments, ensuring that key customer information is
captured, including configuration, logs, and use cases for problem
replication. The Senior Engineer is an effective advocate for the
customer, explaining the business impact of the
issues.Interpersonal Skills:A candidate for this position must
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to plan and
manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Have a positive and easy-going attitude, demonstrate strong
work ethic and integrity, and demonstrate calmness and
- The role requires you to remain calm under pressure and solve
problems in real time, using strong diagnostic processes and
out-of-the-box thinking. Leadership/People Skills: The candidate
must additionally demonstrate strong leadership qualities where he
shows an ability to work with cross-functional team and management
- Ability to work with, coach and support employees of different
backgrounds and experience levels.
- The Senior Engineer will demonstrate an ability to carry out
analyses on the performance of other Technical Support Engineers
while drawing insights that lead to their improvement. Required
Education & Experience:Education:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or
equivalent practical experience.Experience:
- A candidate for this position must have had at least 5+ years
of working experience in Systems, Networking, and Support.
Preferably at a senior position in a Technical role handling
complex issues. A suitable candidate will also have a proven
ability to foster mentoring relationships and to drive continuous
results and improvement of support personnel.
- General functional knowledge of and exposure to one or more of
the following areas are desired: IPTV, IP Networking,
Telecommunications Industry.Minerva Networks is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We recruit, train, compensate and promote
without regard to age, race, religion, creed, color, nation origin,
sexual orientation, marital status, veteran's status or
Keywords: Minerva Networks, St. Louis , Senior Technical Support Engineer (Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!