Core Technology Operations - Java Development - Consultant
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 15, 2022
CBO- Core Technology Operations - Java Developer -
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Core Technology Operations (CTO)
specialists provide end-to-end services to help our client
organizations manage their portfolio of IT applications, scale and
optimize critical business operations, drive speed to outcome and
deliver business transformation. We offer a complete range of
industry-leading services, providing flexible, recurring resource
capacity for client initiatives, projects, tasks, and enhancements
which includes quality engineering, systems support, shared
services, product engineering, and infrastructure. Our services
provide ongoing maintenance, monitoring, and optimization for
IT/engineering applications and products around application
development, process optimization and automation to help drive
speed to outcome, deliver business transformation, and build
resilience in an uncertain future.
As a Consultant at Deloitte Consulting, you will be responsible for
leading the design, development and deployment of large-scale
complex software solutions at an enterprise level. These
applications are often high-volume mission critical systems and
would provide you an exposure to a broad range of technologies
across all layers of architecture in the Java J2EE technology
stack. You will be responsible for independently leading the team
and will mentor junior team members, collaborating with teams
across shores to understand the functional requirements and
translate them into work products. You will be involved in
end-to-end delivery of the project from estimation, planning and
execution. You would also be responsible for tracking status and
collecting metrics for analysis.
Work you'll do/Responsibilities:
- Lead and drive discussions with the business and functional
analysts in order to come up with the technical architecture and
design, helping the team shape requirements and resolve
- Understand the impacts of adapting different architectures and
designs and present the same to all relevant stakeholders. Manage
both functional and technical requirements while deciding on
- Develop solutions following established technical design,
application development standards and quality processes in
- Manage project execution by defining the work breakdown
structure in accordance with the master project plan and track the
- Establish technical design/development guidelines, templates
and standards and ensure that the team follows them.
- Run the daily calls, scrum meeting with respect to deliverables
and build the weekly status reports to be reviewed by
- Perform detailed reviews on deliverables. Provide technical
guidance to the team members.
- Interact with other stakeholders not limited to end-user
clients, project manager/scrum master, business analysts, offshore
development, testing, and other cross-functional teams.
Core Technology Operations practitioners work on the design,
delivery and support of a variety of solutions that help our
clients meet business objectives. These solutions range from large
scale ground-up custom developed applications, to Cloud-based
development and integration services as well as customizing
industry sector-focused packages. As a member of this team, you
would get opportunities to work on all adjacent area technologies
such as user interface/user experience development, integration
services, business rules engine solutions, or Cloud-based
- Experience working with globally distributed technology
- Experience writing build/configuration scripts using Build
Tools (Ant, Maven and scripting) and Code Configuration Tools
(Subversion, Github, Perforce, etc).
- Experience with web technologies, JSP, Servlets.
- Experience with any of the JMS/Messaging tools like Apache,
ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Message Brokers, Kafka, etc.
- Experience working with any one of the web frameworks: Spring,
Struts, etc. and on data access frameworks like JDBC, Hibernate,
- Experience working in an Agile environment;
- Experience with UMP (Class, Sequence, Domain Model) and on
various design patterns.
- 4+ years' hands-on experience with web/application development
using Java J2EE technology stack.
- Travel up to 50 percent nationally
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, information
technology, computer engineering, engineering or a related
- Industry recognized technology certifications are a plus - AWS,
Agile, SAFe, etc.
- Experience with microservices development using Spring Boot or
any other technology framework.
- Ability to quickly learn and deliver on analogous technologies
not previously worked on. The ability to write SQL with complex
joins on RDMS and usage of database functions or unstructured
databases like MongoDB.
- Experience with web application servers (Tomcat, JBoss)
- Experience in an application support environment which should
include working in Cloud (AWS/GCP/Azure).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Keywords: Deloitte, St. Louis , Core Technology Operations - Java Development - Consultant, IT / Software / Systems , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!