Senior ServiceNow Developer (remote opportunity)
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We are Vericast. We create meaningful connections between business
and the people that they serve-how, when and where it matters. By
pushing the boundaries of data and insights, we spark discovery and
inspire action to create profitable results.
We are seeking a highly motivated and collaborative individual to
join our Enterprise Tools and Automation team as a Senior
This role will be responsible for the supporting the design,
development, administration, and continuous improvement of our
enterprise platform, ServiceNow. The ideal candidate will be a
self-starter, a strong collaborator who takes the initiative on
projects, and will be able to work well in a team environment.
Development efforts will include (but are not limited to) custom
portal pages, modules, API and software integrations, customized
web pages, User interface policies, scripts, etc. This includes,
but is not limited to, Incident Management, Service Catalog and
Portal, Change Management, Problem, and CMDB. As new technologies
emerge and impact ServiceNow, the candidate will be expected to
learn these technologies and be able to integrate them into the
ServiceNow platform. As this is a Senior role, it will be expected
of a successful candidate to mentor less senior developers and
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the
various types of work that may be performed. The omission of
specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to
- Function as the Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the
application layer of our ServiceNow platform.
- Develop and design creative ServiceNow technical solutions to
complex problems and provide detailed specifications for those
- Develop, test and implement Client Scripts, Business Rules, UI
Policies, UI Actions, and ACLs including advanced scripting of
each, forms workflows, and custom Service Portal widgets.
- Collaborate with application teams to design and implement data
interfaces with other enterprise application systems.
- Ensure proper operation and configuration of the platform
through testing and validation.
- Develop, test, and implement data integrations via API calls to
various other technologies within our Platform environment.
- Administration of the application, including but not limited
to, installation/upgrading, configuration, operation, and
- Design and develop custom scoped applications on the ServiceNow
platform to meet business requirements.
- Develop and document operational best practices for the
- Advance the maturity of the environment by researching and
implementing new tools and technologies.
- Mentor less senior ServiceNow developers and administrators
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience) in a Computer
Science related field
- 5+ years of experience as a developer on the ServiceNow
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator is required
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer is recommended
- Experience implementing best-practices and procedures
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow components such as Change
Management, Service Catalog, Service Portal, Problem Management,
Incident Management, CMDB, Knowledge Management, etc.
- Knowledge of HTTP, REST, and API design best practices.
Understanding of event-driven architectures. Understanding of
asynchronous programming concepts. Knowledge of modern web design
- Ability to provide ServiceNow customization and configuration
including but not limited to: scripting, workflow administration,
report setup, module configuration, data imports and third-part
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively to
meet required development milestones in a timely manner
- Can define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw
valid conclusions to benefit the organization and maintain client
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact
effectively with others, which could include multiple levels of
management and external clients and vendors
- Able to work autonomously with minimal supervision
Vericast offers a generous total rewards benefits package that
includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K matching and
time off. A wide variety of additional benefits like life
insurance, employee assistance and pet insurance are also
available, not to mention smart and friendly coworkers!
At Vericast, we dont just accept differences - we celebrate them,
we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our
employees, our clients, and our community.As an Equal Opportunity
employer, Vericast considers applicants for all positions without
regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or
ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other
classifications protected by law. Applicants who have disabilities
may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the
selection process by contacting our Talent Acquisition team at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-541-3145.
Keywords: Vericast, St. Louis , Senior ServiceNow Developer (remote opportunity), IT / Software / Systems , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!