API Technical Consultant- U.S. Remote Eligible
Company: EDWARD JONES
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 19, 2021
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with
clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who
enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with
clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide
support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver
an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch
offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to
grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors. Edward
Jones is looking for a Technical Consultant to help support
innovation and growth within the Application Frameworks and API
Platform team. The Technical Consultant works with a team of
associates and contractors who are responsible for the API
practice, tools and frameworks. These responsibilities include
setting up API practice, Operation, Regulatory Compliance, Support,
Development, Security, Quality, Disaster Recovery and
Implementation of the API frameworks and Practice.
- Actively mentor and train other associates in their area of
- Provide direction as to the effective use of technology within
the enterprise architecture.
- Provide leadership related to technical aspects of tools,
methodologies, best practices and processes and standards that
apply to their technical area of expertise.
- Research technical improvements and takes the initiative to
- Participates and represents area in cross-functional
- Communicates issues and problem resolutions with all affected
stakeholders, business areas and vendors.
- Researches requirements to determine system feasibility, costs,
benefits, or functional requirements.
- Ensure prudent use of the firm--s financial resources.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science,
Computer Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in designing, developing and
delivering application solutions for enterprise level development
and integration projects.
- Deep understanding of Object-Oriented Principles and Java, as
well as broad cross-functional knowledge including relational and
NoSQL database, software security, system administration, and
enterprise messaging patterns.
- Knowledge of Microservices and Kubernetes is a plus
- Practical knowledge of Microservices and designing/building
- Experience with industry standard tools:? Spring Boot, Spring
Framework, JUnit, Python, Gradle and Maven.
- Experience with Linux containerization, PaaS, or Cloud
- Proficient with Git and Git workflows.
- Experience with server-side technologies such as Apache,
- Experience in tools used to assemble CI/CD (Jenkins / Electric
- Knowledge of MuleSoft Platform and API portal.
- Able to create a strong team environment and build technical
skills through training and mentoring of others.
- Understanding of project management methodologies, system
development lifecycle, infrastructure best practices and risk
- FORTUNE 2020 -- Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020
FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For-- list.
- From FORTUNE --2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for
millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index -- Edward Jones joins the ranks
of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC
Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25
on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list -- the highest
ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the
2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE
magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two
spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of
rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee
feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified-- organizations. Edward
Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in
2019 list, the firm--s 20th appearance on the list. The firm also
was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services &
Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great
Place to Work and FORTUNE. Edward Jones does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age,
disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic
information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. At
Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their
contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a
rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial
security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about
our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary,
typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary
range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is
based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors
for a potential new associate:
Salary: $89642 - $152634
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, St. Louis , API Technical Consultant- U.S. Remote Eligible, IT / Software / Systems , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!