Senior Technical Designer
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: April 8, 2021
We are seeking a Senior Technical Designer to join our rapidly
growing team. In this role, this individual will work in close
collaboration with the Technical Design Team, Design Team and
Product Development team to develop products through tech packs and
fittings. This person will also work externally with local and
overseas partners to track production and ensure on-time delivery.
ABOUT THE ROLE: Sr. Technical Designer
- Own garment uniformity and consistency related to fit,
construction and quality.
- Interface with cross functional teams and global partners and
ensures product is consistent with our standards and production
- Lead fit sessions with designers, pattern maker and product
development to determine fit and aesthetic direction, proposing
alternative methods of construction or components.
- Evaluate samples for vendor execution of fit and construction
along with providing solutions via pattern corrections and/or
- Update tech packs, including detailed technical sketches,
graded measurement specifications, construction details, bill of
materials and packaging instructions.
- Organize and prioritize daily workload to maintain production
calendar and deadlines.
- Collaborates with the Technical Design Director and
Patternmaker to initiate block pattern development.
- Create and maintain libraries of approved samples,
construction, garment specs and block patterns.
- Maintain thorough vendor communication and tracking to meet
deadlines and ensure on-time delivery. ABOUT YOU:
- 7+ years of technical design experience in swim, apparel (knit
and woven.) A trained eye for proportion and balance as well as
- Ability to clearly articulate technical approach, action plans
and style/project status both verbally and in written
- Thorough understanding garment fitting, construction, and
- Working knowledge of the garment manufacturing process.
- Strong computer skills (preferred programs Centric, Illustrator
and Excel with a working knowledge of OptiTex, Gerber PDS,
- Flexibility to thrive in a dynamic, extremely fast paced
business environment and welcoming ever changing requirements even
in late development to satisfy our customer.
- We're masters of prioritization. You can pivot and shift
priorities with complete flexibility. Regardless of when
distractions arise, your time management and resource planning
skills keep everything running smoothly.
- We're collaborative: You champion diverse backgrounds,
perspectives and opinions. You believe that the greatest success
comes from a collaborative team effort.--
- We're communicative-even when it's hard. You're direct and
considerate in an effort to achieve the best possible outcome.
ABOUT SUMMERSALT: Summersalt is a generation-defining apparel
brand, providing wardrobe essentials for women who are going
places. Summersalt launched in 2017 with swimwear made from
recycled materials at a $95 price point - designer quality swimwear
without the designer price tag. Since then, we've launched
additional categories including loungewear, knitwear, sleepwear and
activewear. Summersalt pieces are modern, sophisticated and fun,
with an impeccable data-backed fit based on millions of
measurements from over 10,000 women. In the few short years since
our founding, Summersalt has built a loyal following of customers,
influencers and celebrities, while garnering praise from leading
fashion media including ELLE, Vogue and People. This role is a
unique opportunity to join a well-funded, close-knit team that is
redefining the apparel and swimwear categories and at the forefront
of e-commerce, design and brand innovation. Sustainability,
inclusivity and diversity are core tenants of the brand, and we
work hard to inspire joy through our products and every interaction
with the customer. If you want to be a part of a diverse,
hardworking and fast-paced team filled with motivated and
thoughtful people, please consider applying. Summersalt champions
diverse backgrounds, perspectives and opinions. We strive to create
an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. Summersalt is
an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and
advancement opportunities to all individuals. We hire the most
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national
origin, religion, sex, parental status, age, disability, genetic
information, gender identity or expression, transgender status,
sexual orientation or any other status protected under applicable
federal, state and local laws. We respect the laws enforced by the
EEOC and are committed to fostering diversity across our
Keywords: Summersalt, St. Louis , Senior Technical Designer, IT / Software / Systems , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!