Senior Software Engineer - Capital Markets Trading
Company: Wells Fargo
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 13, 2020
Job DescriptionImportant Note: During the application process,
ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to
date and upload your current resume when submitting your
application for consideration. To participate in some selection
activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The
invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to
receive text message invitations, your profile must include a
mobile phone number designated as Personal Cell or Cellular in the
contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs
and help them succeed financially. Were looking for talented people
who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join
our diverse and inclusive team where youll feel valued and inspired
to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding
talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology is a team of more than 40,000 information
technology and security professionals who help keep Wells Fargo at
the forefront of Americas diversified financial services companies.
Employees execute an engineering-led IT strategy to deliver stable,
secure, scalable and innovative services that provide Wells Fargo
global customers round-the-clock banking access through in-store,
online, ATM, and other channels. Wells Fargo Technology plays a
critical role in the companys customer and employee experience,
business and risk management transformation, and growth agenda.
We are looking for a Software Sr. Engineer with a specialty in
trading technology to join a small team of full stack developers
that are responsible for supporting multiple trading applications.
There are a number of new projects and systems we support using the
tech stack of Angular on the front end, .Net Web API on the back
end, and a .Net C# web service layer. As a team we work closely
together to accomplish project objectives and support applications
in production. Most of the projects we undertake utilize the Agile
methodology, but there are some that use Waterfall as well. This
role will take part in the teams daily stand-up meetings to either
develop enhancements for our existing Fixed Income Trading
application or develop features for future release trading
application. These are internal applications used by our Wells
Fargo Financial Advisors. The majority of time will be spent
working on new development with some production support
responsibilities as well. This can require work during some
evenings and weekends, but is typically infrequent.
Additional day to day responsibilities of this full stack developer
- Acting as a lead in providing application design guidance and
- Analyzing highly complex business requirements, designs and
writes technical specifications.
- Designs or redesigns complex computer platforms and
- Providing coding direction to less experienced staff or
develops highly complex original code.
- Acting as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation
and analysis efforts.
- Verifying program logic by overseeing the preparation of test
data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Overseeing overall systems testing and the migration of
platforms and applications to production.
- Developing new documentation, departmental technical procedures
and user guides.
- Leading projects, allocates and manages resources and manages
the work of less experienced staff.
- Assuring quality, security and compliance requirements are met
for supported area.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the
following: securities, quantitative trading, artificial
intelligence, or machine learning
- 9+ years of C#.NET experience
- 4+ years of Agile experience
- 4+ years of capital markets experience
- 4 + years of leadership experience including coaching,
training, and mentoring
- A Masters degree or higher in computer science or finance
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Basic knowledge of industry regulations related to building
- 6+ years of relational database experience
- Knowledge and understanding of capital markets: business and
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory compliance
requirements surrounding SEC, FINRA, and international regulations
for building technological solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of application profiling and
performance tuning of highly scalable and available systems
- 6+ years of RESTful or SOAP web services
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience working with FIX technology
Street AddressMO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis,
MODisclaimerAll offers for employment with Wells Fargo are
contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a
criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified
candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including
Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and
transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual
Keywords: Wells Fargo, St. Louis , Senior Software Engineer - Capital Markets Trading, IT / Software / Systems , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!